Join for free
Page 41 of 58 « First < 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 > Last »
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2015, 02:07 PM

Re: Gumbud Leisurely Scribbles (part 1)

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
you really ought to copyright these if they're yours Jem?
Thanks for the advice and the compliment Gumbud. Whenever I use anyone’s stuff I always acknowledge them. I like to use the name of a very dear friend and drinking buddy of mine Martin Barr, Mars barr to his many friends, always fond of a laugh and cheered me up on manys the sad occasion, although Martin never wrote anything he was a very good ballad singer and would make up his own words to popular melodies, words to suit the topics of the times that were in it, he was a big hit in the pub, a very cheerful and funny person was Mars, 6 foot 2 inches and as thin and straight as a beanpole. He never married and nursed his mother all through her long sickness, she passed away in the 1990’s and he himself died in his bed in 2001 from a massive heart attack, he was sadly missed by all. Another thing I admired him for, he had no living relatives but had made a will leaving everything, including the large house, to the Simon Community, a voluntary charity that looks after homeless folks, one of the few ‘Bare bones’ charities with no large salaries for the top people, if he ain’t in heaven then there is no heaven. I never hear the older folks mention him anymore in the pubs around this area, but I'll never forget him, R.I.P Martin old friend.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2015, 05:34 AM

the dutiful son or daughter - I've met a few and often wondered whether they had regrets about not finding their own life partner and starting a new life?
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2015, 02:47 PM

This very morning,I informed 'himself' [for those of Celtic overtone] that I refused point-blank to drive the wagon. Why?,I hear you ask [please?]
Well,I had a warning light come up that my brakes were at 18% efficiency and that consequently,ALL hydraulics were below correct pressures-and got told "It'll be ok-just be careful".
It'll be ok?-so you won't mind driving it,fully-freighted,then,right?

....apparently,he would.
Upstick;I'm off home.

....and here I am...
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2015, 03:14 PM

And right you were too Pug, I'm proud of you lad, no job is worth risking your life for.

I hope your not wasting the day now and helping Mrs Pug about the house, they get confused when they see their man home in the daytime, get up off your backside and tell her you're available, I'm sure she'll think of something for you to do, they always do.
Welcome home by the way, I'd offer you a drink but distance prevents, cheers.
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2015, 03:22 PM

M'dear fellow...today,I have told the guv to stick it,been told I make place names up in the A-Z of UK thread,been pestered almost non-stop by agencies [how DO they find out so quickly?] and just discovered my POXY Corgi has scoffed all my Marmite rice cakes! So right at this moment,it's just me,sitting here with my 12-string acoustic,putting the sh#t behind me. Just layin' down some soothin' choonz,dude....[etc]

The Memsahib is out punching builders,or whatever her hobby is-I forget..
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2015, 08:14 PM

So there I was working on this building site, and some lady came up and punched me......how much of a coincidence is that.....
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

15-05-2015, 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
So there I was working on this building site, and some lady came up and punched me......how much of a coincidence is that.....
You know what they say Robert "Hell hath no fury...
Looks like Pug is taking it lying down.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2015, 11:23 PM

Kimerley Rambles

It's getting bloody cold round these parts -
14C at 5.30am - enough to freeze the pouch up of a kanga! and we'll be lucky to get over 30C by lunch time. But this now is beautiful Kimberley weather - yesterday I sat out [under shade you understand] and had 4 bowls of Old Dublin and a few noggins and listened to Maria Callas singing romantic arias - divine - made a congee soup for dinner and hit the sack 'till 8pm and ready for the late evening films two good american comedies by actors that I have never seen or heard of before. It's always like that these days unless I can score a b/w at 3am

comtemplating long trousers and long sleeves for the golf links today! -final went for a light bomber jacket but kept the shorts - long trousers are now socially acceptable in the 'dry' but we men just love our shorts and find it hard to let them go!

on the downside we are now down to one hairdresser in town - no BARBER and you of course have to make a booking - feel like a ponce! so may have to drive 200kms to Broome for a haircut or let one of my local mates hack at it? there are downsides to life in paradise.

Ps: adjorning the golf course at its western tip is a package of land housing light engineering businesses - as we walk past I can hear the howls and growls of all the watch dogs - lots of expensive equipment can disappear if not guarded - but I always feel sorry for these lonely hounds!
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK

16-05-2015, 01:15 AM

Oh,Gummy...I feel for you bro-fancy having to wear long sleeves on the course! Mind you,having said that....I was wearing a donkey jacket and hi-viz-and we're a mere 6 weeks from Midsummer,forsooth! Mind you,on returning home,I gave the donkey his jacket back and ambled along the beach avec les chiens in merely a t-shirt,shirt and LONG [!] jeans as the sun burned holes through my raiment......oh,ok-as the wind attempted to freeze my wotsits....
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

16-05-2015, 07:20 PM

Yes I do envy you the great weather Gumbud, but not the shorts, although I have gorgeous hairless legs wild horses couldn't get me into shorts.

That was a mean thing to do Pug, nicking the poor Donkey's jacket. I still grin when I think of your other beauty about the dry skin and the towels.

Page 41 of 58 « First < 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top