Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2014, 10:42 AM

Re: Where is everyone from?

You too Deannie lovely to chat with you
Deannie
Warren USA
Deannie is female  Deannie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2014, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by shirley ->
You too Deannie lovely to chat with you
Thank you Shirley sweet of you. Deannie
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2014, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by Deannie ->
I am 55 years old. I live in MI with my husband and stepson . My home town where I grew up is Greenville South Carolina and was just there for a visit with my family this past August. My mother has had colon cancer since she was 66 years old and Is in remission with it now. I go back as often as we can to see my children and grandchildren to be with my mother as much as I can. Have a great day everyone. Deannie
What is MI?
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2014, 12:38 PM

Hi, I originally come from the Hebridan Island of Mull, off the West Coast of Scotland, but we came to the Mainland when I was still a child, I hated living in a Town....shudder, and ached for the wild rugged island I knew and loved.
Now I spend most of my time at my partner's farm up on the north coast of Scotland just outside Thurso. It's a lovely part of Scotland and though nearby Thurso's a town it's neither big nor busy. Can get a bit wild though when the Storms are out in the Atlantic......
Myth and Magic
UK
Myth and Magic is female  Myth and Magic has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2014, 12:55 PM

Hi Roxy, so that is Thurso, back in the sixties. I met a red headed nurse from Thurso, she loved the place and was so proud of it. I can see why.

I have moved so many times that I cannot say that I am from anywhere, I went to school in Guildford, as that is a beautiful city I claim it for my own.

Cross country running on the South Downs - more like cross country dying in my case but the view was beautiful.
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2014, 12:57 PM

Deannie, here's another couple of pics for you....

One of our local beaches. This one is at Fraserburgh - taken last mid-july ...

This is Pennan - famous as the location of the film 'Local Hero'. Its one telephone box that featured in the film was once the most used phone in Britain.

My house and back garden last winter.

Deannie
Warren USA
Deannie is female  Deannie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2014, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by Grumblewagon ->
Deannie, here's another couple of pics for you....

One of our local beaches. This one is at Fraserburgh - taken last mid-july ...

This is Pennan - famous as the location of the film 'Local Hero'. Its one telephone box that featured in the film was once the most used phone in Britain.

My house and back garden last winter.

Awe looks so beautiful there. Thank you for sharing this with me. Deannie
Deannie
Warren USA

13-10-2014, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
Hi, I originally come from the Hebridan Island of Mull, off the West Coast of Scotland, but we came to the Mainland when I was still a child, I hated living in a Town....shudder, and ached for the wild rugged island I knew and loved.
Now I spend most of my time at my partner's farm up on the north coast of Scotland just outside Thurso. It's a lovely part of Scotland and though nearby Thurso's a town it's neither big nor busy. Can get a bit wild though when the Storms are out in the Atlantic......
Wow looks rugged but so beautiful there. Thank you for sharing sweetie. Deannie
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2014, 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->

Roxy, Mull is on my list of places to visit next year. Thurso sounds beautiful too. A beautiful part of Scotland.
venus
Cheshire UK
venus is female  venus has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2014, 10:30 AM

Some lovely parts of the country folks, great photos. I am originally from "the slums of Manchester" now live in Cheshire.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top