Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2013, 11:35 AM

Strange Food

What is the strangest thing you've ever eaten?

Have you ever eaten something then regretted it?

I remember once ordering the fish platter at a restaurant and was happily chomping away and one 'fish', I really liked, bit of a meat texture to it so I asked the waiter what it was; he replied 'shark' I thought I was going to be sick and wouldn't eat any more of it. Why I don't know.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2013, 03:49 PM

Re: Strange Food

I visited a farm with a friend in S.Africa. Mostly they kept pigs, we tried some sausage, it wasn't bad but, the guy said it was rabbit, then he took us into a barn filled with rabbits in cages. There was rabbit biltong stretched across some cages drying out, flies all over it and dead "runts" that had been left on there too. Never wanted to try anything different since! Although before that I tried buffalo which was very tasty (not from that farm)
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2013, 04:55 PM

I know a lot of people like them but olives are IMO odd, why would anyone eat such disgusting things !
warleyron
Warley, Essex UK
warleyron is male  warleyron has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2013, 05:20 PM

On holiday in France I had a seafood salad which I really enjoyed. A few days later in another restaurant I saw a seafood pasta so had that. It was fine until I uncovered a 2" whole octopus in it.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2013, 05:32 PM

Visited my butcher last Friday to replenish my freezer. Butcher tells me that they have had to stop selling rabbits, because the Environmental health Officers say that because the butcher can't prove the provinence of the rabbit they cannot be sold - stupid or what??? - the fields behind and beside the town are alive with rabbits and some of the burrows are now undermining the chalk cliffs and causing cliff falls.
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2013, 03:08 AM

i never eat anything if not knowing what it is
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2013, 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by pixie ->
i never eat anything if not knowing what it is
Not knowing what it is you're eating is not necessarily the issue, but eating something 'out of the ordinary' fare might seem strange. However, since I have a very eclectic taste, there is very little that I won't eat.
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2013, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I know a lot of people like them but olives are IMO odd, why would anyone eat such disgusting things !
I wouldn't touch one til I was about 21 then discovered I love them. My kids used to dip olives in applesauce as a snack... not to my liking though.

I bought elk burgers once but found them very dry and rather tasteless.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

22-05-2013, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by Annie Jack ->
I wouldn't touch one til I was about 21 then discovered I love them. My kids used to dip olives in applesauce as a snack... not to my liking though.

I bought elk burgers once but found them very dry and rather tasteless.
Sue darlin' - treat Elk like you would Venison - needs to be marinaded first and cooked VERY slowly otherwise it'll end up dry and 'tough as old boots'.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2013, 05:45 PM

I have eaten most shellfish, especially as a child. Whelks and winkles were my fathers favourite and he liked snails in garlic. But I couldn't eat them now! Just the thought of it ......
I love olives, and dipping bread in olive oil that I've cooked garlic in .. yum

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top