Join for free
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2013, 10:36 AM

Re: Do Monarchies still have a role to play in modern life?

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Anyone had a thought about his regnum number??? - he (might be) Charles III - i.e Charles the turd!!! and Camilla (horsey).
Water under the bridge. Charles the Nerd might suit.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2013, 12:47 PM

I think it is already sorted that Charles will not take on the job of King when his mum goes. I don't think he even wants it and it was decided when he married Camilla. I think his son William will do a great job.
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2013, 12:55 PM

not into that stuff when there are lots with no homes starving they have it all
mindbender
Broome, western australia
mindbender is male 

22-05-2013, 05:55 PM

the royalty don't cause this to happen but it is a problem the government need to deal with more effectively not the royal family. The government runs the country by collecting taxes - the fact it cannot do effectively is their problem
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2013, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
I think it is already sorted that Charles will not take on the job of King when his mum goes. I don't think he even wants it and it was decided when he married Camilla. I think his son William will do a great job.
Not true Rena darlin' - which is why Charlie the turd and horsey are deputising for Mrs Windsor in Sri Lanka at the Commonwealth conference later this year. If Charlie the turd didn't want to be King, then why is he interfering in matters of state so frequently??? I still think the French, Russians, Romanians, Greeks et al had the right idea about their aristocracy.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2013, 06:16 PM

I think Charles will become King but so he should.
William, however well he performs now, could use a few more years of relative freedom to raise his family and to have some kind of life before the burdens of state weigh him down.

Charles has many years of apprenticeship under his belt which should not be wasted and, in spite of what his detractors may say, I think he would make a fine King..
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2013, 08:55 PM

Well said Barry, it's easy to mock& even easier to join the mockers
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2013, 09:04 PM

When Elizabeth II came to the throne in 1953 she was only 25, so was younger than William is now. She also wasn't expected to be Queen (as we know, her Uncle abdicated and her father came to the throne in his stead). I have this feeling that the queen could have stepped down and handed over before now to Charles, but she hasn't. Maybe this is for a reason and she is hanging on for William rather than Charles. Charles is actually an o.a.p already. I do like Charles and, as Barry says, he has served a long apprenticeship. I also think he would make a decent king - he does a good job in what he does. He makes a worthwhile contribution and he certainly has an important role to play as a royal, but I just get this feeling he doesn't want to be king and I wouldn't be surprised if it is William who will become the next monarch.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2013, 09:28 PM

I think Charles is too political to be King, one thing they shouldn't be is political also if he is to be head of CofE can he really do that ? I am not sure that is where his heart and beliefs lie.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2013, 09:36 PM

I agree with Aerolor and Julie - it does seem as though the Queen is hanging on to maybe bypass Charles as he can't help getting involved in politics (judging by the numerous letters he writes to government); maybe she feels the job needs someone who can remain impartial?

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top