Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2013, 06:40 PM

Re: Eating Out!

No but, the cheeseburgers are wicked!
Have a nice omelette then at a better class establishment!
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2013, 07:02 PM

The thought of a Mac gives me stomach trouble!
bashybash
middlesex
bashybash is female  bashybash has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2013, 07:08 PM

wow xx,never heard of that before,hope you get some relief soon xx.
my omg moment,was a few months ago,was invited to a friends house for dinner,we was in the kitchen chatting away,while she was cooking.and i watched her take a fork out of her cutlery drawer,give the food a poke,then put the fork in her mouth,then back into the cutlery drawer,several times,she did this.guess who didnt eat lunch,lol xx
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2013, 07:35 PM

Helicobacter Pylor is responsible for what used to be called 'gastric ulcers'. Once diagnosed it is treated with antibiotics to kill the bacteria and proton pump inhibitors to reduce the amount of stomach acid.

I was suspected of having this problem a few years ago but the blood test proved negative.

Glad you managed to get a speedy diagnosis Arthur
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2013, 08:00 PM

no only when we go away you do not no what went into your food and if they washed there hands
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2013, 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by bashybash ->
wow xx,never heard of that before,hope you get some relief soon xx.
my omg moment,was a few months ago,was invited to a friends house for dinner,we was in the kitchen chatting away,while she was cooking.and i watched her take a fork out of her cutlery drawer,give the food a poke,then put the fork in her mouth,then back into the cutlery drawer,several times,she did this.guess who didnt eat lunch,lol xx
That I believe is the real carrier for this bug, sadly these days most of eating houses, you all serve yourself to cutlery.
How do you know whether the person befor you, has washed their hands after going to the toilet, or been picking their nose.
It makes me cringe now having got this bug, no wonder it is common.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.

08-06-2013, 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
Hi Wrinkly, I had that over a period of many years. Sometimes is was OK and sometimes I couldn't eat. I eventually paid privately to have an endoscopy examination of my stomach and they found that I had ulcers caused by that bacterium. I took certain tablets for a week and it cleared up and I've had no trouble since. If only I'd been examined earlier I could have saved a lot of suffering.
Alan do you think yours was from eating out,or am I doing eating houses an injustice?
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2013, 08:48 AM

I can't answer that Wrinkly. We eat out at least once a week but I've had no trouble since. I do take those anti-acid tablets now. Whether that keeps the bacteria away I don't know.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2013, 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by Twizard ->
No but, the cheeseburgers are wicked!
Have a nice omelette then at a better class establishment!
No Twiz darlin' - but I can still eat cheeseburgers - I either make my own here at home or find a (decent) take-way that do deliveries and have them delivered to me.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top