Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2013, 09:35 AM

Not sure where to put this but please read.

I HAVE JUST RECEIVED THIS EMAIL SUPPOSEDLY OFF UJ. IT HAS NOT COME FROM HIM BUT HAS BEEN SENT TO OTHER RECIPIENTS. I WAS ABOUT TO SEND A JOKEY REPLY WHEN DECIDED TO CHECK UP AND HE'S NO KNOWLEDGE WHATSOEVER.

Hope you get this on time, We made a trip to Manila,Philippines and had our bags stolen from us with our phones and credit cards in it. The embassy is willing to help by letting us fly back home since we still have our passports, We just have to pay for our ticket and settle Hotel bills. Unfortunately for us, I don't have access to funds without my credit card, I've made contact with my bank but they need more time to come up with a new one. I was thinking of asking you to lend me 1,850 Pounds that I can give back as soon as We get home. We really need to be on the next available flight. I'm so confused at the moment I need urgent help.

Western Union is the best option to send money to me. Let me know if you need my details(Full names location) to make the transfer,you can also reach me via email.

Many Thanks.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2013, 09:37 AM

Re: Not sure where to put this but please read.

Hazel - I have just received the same from UJ - of course it was not from him - I reported it on the Email site
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2013, 09:44 AM

I think I might have received something like this yesterday, but I just deleted it without opening it, so can't be sure. Quite concerning that they can put somebody's name to the scam and that they know the e-mail address to send it to.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2013, 09:46 AM

It was - made me feel very panicky - phew !
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2013, 09:53 AM

Sounds like his email has been hacked he needs to change all passwords immediatly and report it to his ISP, update or change his security too as they have got in somehow.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

22-05-2013, 09:53 AM

Hazel - did you notice if it had a 'link' ?
I panicked and pressed the report button which made the Email disappear...
Michael
Near London,UK
Michael is male  Michael has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2013, 10:12 AM

This is a scam.

His computer is infected with a Trojan and changing his password etc will not stop it.

It is always a good idea to invest in the best Anti-Virus you can afford.

The reason members received this message is you must have traded e-mail addresses.

Until he has removed it do not open any mail from his address.

If he checks his outbox they will not show up and also if he has any private information on his hard drive it may be sent out to you as an attachment

They are very malicious and I would suggest that you do a full check on your system immediately as you may have allowed it access into your computer.
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2013, 10:32 AM

The email came from Hotmail but I deleted it after checking not from him, didn't know you could report email. Have run every security thing I have and other than some pup things (apparently connected with Babylon that I seem unable to rid myself of), can't find anything else wrong.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

22-05-2013, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by Michael ->
This is a scam.

His computer is infected with a Trojan and changing his password etc will not stop it.

It is always a good idea to invest in the best Anti-Virus you can afford.

The reason members received this message is you must have traded e-mail addresses.

Until he has removed it do not open any mail from his address.

If he checks his outbox they will not show up and also if he has any private information on his hard drive it may be sent out to you as an attachment

They are very malicious and I would suggest that you do a full check on your system immediately as you may have allowed it access into your computer.
Thanks ever so Michael, have done as you suggested took around 40 mins for the scans to complete
mindbender
Broome, western australia
mindbender is male 

22-05-2013, 12:09 PM

sorry to hear about your little dilemma with Trojans UJ - but those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones comes to mind?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top