Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2013, 03:02 PM

Eating Out!

Do you eat out? i do from time to time, not just the evening meal, when you go to a decent restaurant to dine, but the odd meal in the town, in a clean looking cafe, I don't mean your transport cafe.
I did about 6 weeks ago I popped into my usual eating house, only to find the next day I was hurting badly from my stomach, which gave me pains right across my chest.
Well being as I have a bad heart, I nipped to my GP, who confirmed it wasn't my heart, and referred me to the consultant at the hospital { I have Barratts }.
I wasn't happy with the diagnosis, and popped along again to see a different GP. he took a blood test, and it took a fortnight for the results to come back, and he was right, I have got a bacteria called Helicobacter Pylori and by golly it hurts, I am now taking two antibiotics at the same time to kill it off.
I have looked it up and it is extremely common, it can be picked up from cutlery etc.
So I now search for the biggest eating houses, where I know they are very likely to have dishwashers/sterilisers.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2013, 03:08 PM

Re: Eating Out!

Hi Wrinkly, I had that over a period of many years. Sometimes is was OK and sometimes I couldn't eat. I eventually paid privately to have an endoscopy examination of my stomach and they found that I had ulcers caused by that bacterium. I took certain tablets for a week and it cleared up and I've had no trouble since. If only I'd been examined earlier I could have saved a lot of suffering.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2013, 03:36 PM

Hi Alan - why did you go privately, did your own doctor not give the tests needed ...?
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2013, 04:03 PM

hi Pat, I would have had a 6 month wait under the NHS and my caring daughter was pressing me to get it sorted.I don't normally go private but there again I'm not often ill.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2013, 04:08 PM

I understand that - Hubbs was ill for 10 months, kept being told he had a virus - in the end I went in the Office with him and demanded they do tests immediately, within 20 mins we were at the hospital for an endoscopy, he had 4 ulcers !!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2013, 04:17 PM

My guts don't like anything, only have to smell certain things, like onion to start things swirling. Living on porridge at the mo!
I do like a treat, though. If I go to Dunhelm Mill I have a cake, then wish I didn't.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2013, 04:55 PM

You can carry this bug forever, I am booked to see the consultant soon, but will have to wait and see.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2013, 06:16 PM

I'm one of the fortunate ones - I have a 'cast iron' constitution and very little upsets me - which is why I can (and do) eat very well!!!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2013, 06:18 PM

Have a MacDonalds cheeseburger for me!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2013, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by Twizard ->
Have a MacDonalds cheeseburger for me!

Errrggghhh Yuk!!! - I wouldn't be seen dead in one of their establishment (have NEVER had a McDonalds and have no intention of doing so) - they're philistines - don't supply decent plates, or cutlery to eat their product off.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top