Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Duckie
Australia
Duckie is male  Duckie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2013, 01:17 AM

How I read the paper

Back page first...any sporting scandals?

Front and first few pages, local scandals?,(eg. crimes) state scandals? Australian? international?

car ads...any special deals on Toyotas

obituary...any interesting people die recently?

Sudoku/cryptic crossword

Total time 30 minutes to 1 hour
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2013, 01:33 AM

Re: How I read the paper

Mmm I buy the SMH most Mondays to Thursdays. First I usually pull out the centre pieces and throw them away then I turn to the cryptic. That is it.

If I am on the train to Sydney I might glance at the news pages when I finish the crossword but usually I get my ebook out and read that.

Sports pages are a waste of paper and the rest I can read on line. I wonder if printed media can last another 10 years?
Duckie
Australia
Duckie is male  Duckie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2013, 12:04 PM

^
I'll never quit the daily morning ritual of reading the newspaper.
It's just not the same reading the news online.

And tomorrow's headline?

Lazarus Rudd back as PM .
Bye Bye Julia.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2013, 03:33 PM

Lazarus Rudd back as PM. Bye Bye Julia.
Stabbed in the back just like Mrs Thatcher.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2013, 06:05 PM

I read the front page then the Readers Letters Page(s) then chuck the whole thing in the bin.
ukmartian
Ipswich uk
ukmartian is male  ukmartian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2013, 06:36 PM

Page 3 ...then page 3 again ...and then page 3 again ..I like to keep abreast of the news.... (.)(.)
pattyb
New Member!
Bristol
pattyb is female 

26-06-2013, 06:50 PM

I read the paper when eating my breakfast as was said its not like hearing it on the telly I pass all the gory bits read what the public writes in read the agony aunts paper am amazed how the papers dig up dirt of anyone or anyone and take it all with a pinch of salt
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2013, 08:35 PM

Obituaries,
Stocks & shares prices
headlines
give sudoko to wife
ignore all sport pages
use in cat litter tray.
bin
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2013, 08:59 PM

Do we really need to know HOW one reads the newspaper??? - the mere fact that some of us do is sufficient surely???

Many years ago, when I was working, I used to buy and read the Grauniad. (For those who are not familiar with this particular paper - the Guardian used to be famous for its misprints up to and including its own title one morning - hence the misspelling)
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2013, 09:29 PM

I do not look at the paper i use face book lol

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top