Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Michael
Near London,UK
Michael is male  Michael has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2013, 07:36 PM

Why does faith deserve respect?

Doing the rounds again

(Please move if it is in the wrong section)

Why does faith deserve respect?

Pat Condell

Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2013, 08:10 PM

Re: Why does faith deserve respect?

He's 100% right Michael but I believe he's a bit harsh on the believers (or maybe I too have been partially brainwashed).
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2013, 08:31 PM

I have listened to the clip and have come to the cpnclusion that his mother must have dropped him on his head as a baby.

His rabid delivery is of a man on a mission to discredit organised religion

RESPECT is earned not given.

I wonder what happens to blokes like this who get so het up, HIs trying to convert folks to his views is exactly the same thing that he despises in REligious bodies

I wait in trepidation as all the atheists wade in to the usual fracas. .when religipn is the topic
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2013, 09:27 PM

I am one
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2013, 10:40 PM

Me too! But if people want to believe in non-falsifiable theories/fairytales I have no problem with it as long as they do not try to impose their irrational views on me or tell me how I should live my life.
I do wish that humanity would try to grow up though!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2013, 07:03 AM

I have decided not to even listen, if people do not respect my Faith well that's their problem not mine I will just carry on in my life as I am, their respect means very little to me really.
Michael
Near London,UK
Michael is male  Michael has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2013, 09:12 AM

We receive a fair amount of his video presentations and this particular one appears to be very popular as it continues to be circulated.

Freedom of speech is the political right to communicate one's opinions and ideas to anyone who is willing to receive them.

We have the choice to listen or move on to another topic.

A quick search on this chap revealed the following info.

Pat Condell is an English writer, political commentator, comedian and atheist internet personality.

He performed alternative comedy shows in the United Kingdom, and won a Time Out Comedy Award in 1991.

He was also a regular on BBC Radio 1's "Loose Talk".

From early 2007, he began posting short monologues denouncing religion to a number of video sharing websites,

His videos have been featured on many sites.

His YouTube channel has 177,902 subscribers and over 44 million video views.

It looks like a large number of people watch his presentations?

hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2013, 09:12 AM

Oh dear I usually like this man but he's going on about muslims in the other ones I've heard, so that made it alright. I don't believe in religion (it's man made anyway) but I do believe there's a God (though what he looks like I haven't a clue), I like to think that something is trying to help us, no matter how bad our situation. However each to their own that includes belief and disbelief, it's no one elses business unless it impinges on our lives.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2013, 09:22 AM

I am an atheist and what the man says is true, but he should respect believers more, not because of their belief but because they are (in the main) sincere human beings.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2013, 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
He's 100% right Michael but I believe he's a bit harsh on the believers (or maybe I too have been partially brainwashed).
I agree Alan, in the main I think he is right, althoujgh he could be a little less scathing - but then perhaps that's part of his entertainment value and is what attracts his audience.

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I have decided not to even listen, if people do not respect my Faith well that's their problem not mine I will just carry on in my life as I am, their respect means very little to me really.
Why should people automatically respect anyone's faith Julie ? - Perhaps you don't agree that respect should be earned and that there are other valid religions as well as Christianity. Should we not question what we are told? I certainly don't believe we should go around with blinkers on or keep our heads buried in the sand. That attitude seems to lead on into prejudice to me.

It would appear Michael that this Pat Condell gets quite a decent living from this sort of thing then.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top