Join for free
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2015, 10:39 PM

A Christmas Story

I felt like something a bit more light hearted than all the politics we're having lately, so for those of you who remember our last attempts at story telling a few month back, I wondered if it was about time we had another go, perhaps a Christmas tale this time, a nice festive winter warmer. Can I begin one and see where it goes . . . .

It was a cold and frosty night in December. A group of ladies were sitting in the warm in their village pub partaking of some mulled wine, when Patsy announced there was a Christmas carol service the following night in the nearby church.

" What do yer think gals, anyone fancy going?"

"Mmm, shouldn't mind, I haven't sung a carol since I left school", replied Rachel.

" As long as we're not snowed in by then, I'll come," said Mags. "How about you Mups?"

"Oi, is it ladies only then? asked Nom, suddenly appearing round the corner, with his red nose and woolly hat on wonky. . . .

orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2015, 04:09 AM

Re: A Christmas Story

Mups grinned from ear to ear on seeing Nom.

"Of course it's not ladies only, my friend," she said, moving over to make space for him beside her on the bench. "But you have to promise to keep that stick under control. No striking out at those who sing out of tune!"

"Whose for some more mulled wine, then?" asked Mags. Four empty glasses were proffered quickly, and all eyes were on Nom to go and get them refilled.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2015, 10:05 AM

With that Patsy jumps up 'Oh Gawd, I've an itch on the sole of me foot, I'll have to dance to take me mind off it' She starts to jig about the floor, her stick just about holding her up. Mags decides to join her and before long all was singing Paddy McGinty's Goat - well except Nom ...................
Maddy
somewwhere.....
Maddy is female  Maddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2015, 10:31 AM

as we sat by the roaring fire and patsy burning her legs coz shes sitting to near as usual lol... we could hear the carols being sang outside ' then in walked a man coverd in snow' all went quite in the pub ..dressed in long coat he got hes drink and sat in the corner ..........
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2015, 10:47 AM

All eyes were upon him especially Twiz whose gaze was prolonged
'Give over Twiz' says Patsy 'You'll give the poor man the heebie jeebies'
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2015, 11:07 AM

"Canīt help it" said Twiz, "itīs the beard, I have a compelling urge to go and stroke it", and with that Twiz ran to the man in the long coat.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

04-12-2015, 11:10 AM

'Ooo, what a lovely beard you have' she says
The man shushed her away as he rose from the table. He threw of his cloak and dropped to his knees - he then began a Cossack dance
We all clapped along .......................except Nom
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2015, 11:42 AM

The man finished his dance with a great flourish of his hat, and everyone applauded generously, as he introduced himself as Azz.

"Come and sit down with me Azz," said Twiz grabbing his arm and winking at the others. Azz didn't stand a chance. And there they sat, in front of the fire, enjoying their mulled wine and chatting happily.

Mups nudged Nom and asked if he fanced a dance, but he gave her one of his looks so she didn't press it, and went and got him a bag of nuts instead.

The landlord, Jem, then rang the bell behind the bar and grinning mischieviously, asked for everybody's attention for a minute, as he had something to say.
"Ladies & Genlemen & Azz," he said, can I have your attention for a minute please. I have some good news for you . . . . . . ."
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2015, 12:04 PM

orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2015, 12:06 PM

"I have it on good authority," said Jem, "that a generous benefactor has just told us that everyone in the pub is to be given a free ticket to Lapland to see Santa."
Azz promptly removed his false beard, but Twiz was beside herself at the thought of another bearded man for her to meet.
Patsy was all a do-da and didn't know whether to dance or break into song.
Mags downed her next glass of mulled wine in one go in anticipation of the journey (and the cold weather in Lapland).
Rachel was a bit pensive, perhaps because her other half was not with her in the pub and she didn't want to go to Lapland without him.
Mups was thinking how interesting it might be to travel to Lapland with Nom, as he could tell her all about the flora and fauna there. She was working out how to smuggle Naughtie Nellie there with her as she would love playing in the snow.
Nom looked bemused, and after a moment's thought, said "But we all know that there is no Santa so how can we meet him?"
(mutterings of Bah Humbug in the background)

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top