Join for free
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2011, 04:34 PM

LowFat Meals

I have just been given some medication which absorbs 30% of the fat which you eat before it gets into your gut, the important thing is DO NOT EAT TOO MUCH FAT or else you will have horrific side effects. I won't discuss them in mixed company but it is not a pleasant.

I am therefore looking for meals which are flavourful but low in fat. I am beginning to look like a chicken breast but I am enjoying the fruit and veg. Made a pasta dish yesterday which was OK but lacked something oh yes olive oil.

If you have any ideas for me or would like to talk about this medication which is offered to obese people, who are like me finding losing weight for a knee operation difficult without much excersise.

This medication really makes me think about EVERYTHING
I eat, it is surprising just how much fat I was eating before and yet I would have said I ate pretty healthily.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2011, 09:18 PM

Re: LowFat Meals

Can I PM you Cookiecate?
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2011, 11:18 AM

Of course you can Aerolor I look forward to hearing from you.
kena
New Member!
US
kena is female 

24-06-2011, 07:50 AM

I am therefore looking for meals which are flavourful but low in fat. I am beginning to look like a chicken breast but I am enjoying the fruit and veg. Made a pasta dish yesterday which was OK but lacked something oh yes olive oil. I eat, it is surprising just how much fat I was eating before and yet I would have said I ate pretty healthily.
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool

24-06-2011, 12:41 PM

Kena, welcome to the low fat club. I know how you feel about chicken breast, try turkey breast to make a change. Yesterday, I made a curry with potato and spinach, I didn't use any fat so it is not the same but I sprayed the pan with oil spray and a little water and sort of steam fried the spices and onion then just added the potatoes and lastly the frozen spinach which I really dried out before adding it. Surprising nice with some brown rice cooked stock cubed flavoured water.

Then there is the tuna in brine, sweet corn, chopped green onions I think you call spring onions in the US and a teaspoon of low fat mayo add just a little hot chilli sauce and make pockets with pitta bread toasted also very nice. Last night I had pepperoni rolls with baked potatoes and baked beans.

Fruit, fat free jello and fat free yogurt are my snacks and you can also get some pretty flavourful crackers to eat with fat free cottage cheese.

You need to check out the fat content on most things because it is everywhere, I cannot find a good butter or cheese substitute which doesn't taste cr*pppy.

Do keep in touch Kena and lets know if you come up with some fat free wonders.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top