Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2018, 11:35 AM

Singers and their songs 20+ years on

A compilation of singers and songs from the past and how they look and sound twenty years plus later. Be warned, there are some real shockers.

There are a few of these compilations available and they are addictive.

Enjoy.

Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2018, 01:25 PM

Re: Singers and their songs 20+ years on

Excellent and shocking - thank you, Dongles.
Toorbulite
Australia
Toorbulite is male 

20-06-2018, 01:43 PM

One or two of them actually sounded better - possibly the technology.

But by far, the original versions were better.
By a country mile.
Most of the later ones were horrible -
but how many times have these poor buggers been forced to perform those hits - over and over and over again.
A bit hard to remain 'fresh' and as keen.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2018, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by Toorbulite ->
One or two of them actually sounded better - possibly the technology.

But by far, the original versions were better.
By a country mile.
Most of the later ones were horrible -
but how many times have these poor buggers been forced to perform those hits - over and over and over again.
A bit hard to remain 'fresh' and as keen.
Yes and one or two of them actually looked better too. I think you are right in that they have performed these songs so many times that they have lost the spirit they once had.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2018, 04:46 PM

Now I know I understand why, when I am dancing and singing my way around the kitchen, my children implore, "PLEASE, STOP!"

I actually think for the most part that (with the help of some fab plastic surgery) everyone looked and sounded better than I suspected.

What's cringeworthy is not that they are aging and singing their old songs with a little less skill, it's that they were bopping about the stage trying to dress and dance like their twenty-year-old selves. Sting did it best; no sequins or emotional lunges, just a mike and understated clothes. That works.

Was this just your way to Rickroll us, Londdogs?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

20-06-2018, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Now I know I understand why, when I am dancing and singing my way around the kitchen, my children implore, "PLEASE, STOP!"

I actually think for the most part that (with the help of some fab plastic surgery) everyone looked and sounded better than I suspected.

What's cringeworthy is not that they are aging and singing their old songs with a little less skill, it's that they were bopping about the stage trying to dress and dance like their twenty-year-old selves. Sting did it best; no sequins or emotional lunges, just a mike and understated clothes. That works.

Was this just your way to Rickroll us, Londdogs?
He is still good.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2018, 07:13 PM

This is great Dongles
Just love Bonnie Tyler and Cher looks fabulous .
Thank goodness no grostesque old stones rolling around!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2018, 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
This is great Dongles
Just love Bonnie Tyler and Cher looks fabulous .
Thank goodness no grostesque old stones rolling around!
Nothing wrong with the Stones, Muddy. All credit to them for being one of the biggest acts in the world and still playing to packed houses.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2018, 09:18 PM

Just watched it all again - some of them definitely should have stayed at home, Sting and Cher still sounded good and Cher still looked fantastic!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

20-06-2018, 09:44 PM

Another one here

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top