Join for free
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 > Last »
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2018, 02:21 PM

Flying the flag...

Flying the flag: What this World Cup has done for England - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/stories-44739882

I hesitated before posting this link, but then decided to go for it because I found all the stories so positive and heartwarming.
As long as there are good people like this around in our cities we have no need to be miserable and negative...

I've been seriously considering leaving the site for a while now, so fed up to the back teeth with the overwhelming negativity of our wonderful country and London and Londoners in particular.
I love my trips to London, I only ever see nice faces and helpful people, good manners, and so on.

I give this thread one page before the usual suspects turn it into an ugly racist multicultural tirade, but at least I tried.

All I'll say is don't dare to post until you've opened the link and read all the stories!!

Don't worry it only takes a few moments
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2018, 02:53 PM

Re: Flying the flag...

Don't leave the site Ruthio, don't let others lead you down that path. Stand firm.

The testimonies there are interesting, but as it is the BBC I take them with a pinch of salt. They will be cherry picked and biased.

I am and have been Nationalistic but I despair at what our fraudulent politicians have done in terms of selling us down the river into the EU and equally distraught that our Queen gave Royal Assent to it all.

We DO need people to have this strong sense of belonging and nationality and to understand the principles and values of this country and to be prepared to fight to preserve them in the face of massive globalist and federal opposition which seeks to destroy it and to destroy us.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2018, 03:26 PM

I would consider flying a world flag if there was one. We all citizens of this planet and no country is more important than any other.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2018, 03:40 PM

Good for You Ruthio,every English Person should be proud to fly the St George Cross Flag to support Their National football team,

No more talk about leaving the Site Ya hear?
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2018, 03:47 PM

We should be more like America whose flag is everywhere you look over there

Somewhere in the back of my mind I seem to remember we need special permission to fly the Union Jack or the English flag. This is so we don't offend foreigners of immigrants, of course i might be wrong but I don't think so.

One thing I do strongly object to is being called British, I am not I am ENGLISH
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2018, 03:48 PM

I really Enjoyed the article

Its so wonderful to see so many people from different nations who have made England their home identifying with being English

I would have loved to have flown the flag but here in NI flag flying is a contentious issue as you can imagine and this hamlet has a no flag rule
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2018, 03:56 PM

Well I can't stand football but I hope the best team wins....and I would like that best team to be England.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2018, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Well I can't stand football but I hope the best team wins....and I would like that best team to be England.
Fingers crossed ... England are 1 - 0 up at half-time
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2018, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
But are You flying the flag from Your window?..though perhaps the majority of Folks don't possess one?
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2018, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
But are You flying the flag from Your window?..though perhaps the majority of Folks don't possess one?
Now you mention it, I wish I had put the flag at every window...it would have stopped the sun heating the house so much!

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top