Join for free
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 > Last »
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2018, 09:09 AM

Poster of the year.

I used to be on a forum years ago & they had a yearly competition for 'Poster of the year'

Members would vote for who they thought was the best poster & the winner got a cup - presented at their annual 'meet'

Quality rather than quality - It was not necessarily the member with the most prolific posts but the member who's posts were considered to be the most interesting/refreshing/thought provoking// etc.

What do members here think of the idea?

I wonder who would win the prize on this forum?
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2018, 09:13 AM

Re: Poster of the year.

Clearly it would be ME. I'm the best on any forum I've been on.

(Not wishing to appear immodest mind)
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2018, 09:15 AM

Im ruling myself out.

William No-mates.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2018, 09:17 AM

I already know who I would vote for, come on, get this competition started its a good idea but it would be better poster of the month and you couldn't vote for the same poster more than once in that year to give more people the chance. Great thread Carol x
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2018, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by Gravitas ->

That's why I think it is a bad idea gravy. You would obviously win hands down with your excellent titles and your witty posts, I'm not sure you could handle the fame though.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2018, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Im ruling myself out.

William No-mates.
Oh no, a sympathy vote
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2018, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I used to be on a forum years ago & they had a yearly competition for 'Poster of the year'

Members would vote for who they thought was the best poster & the winner got a cup - presented at their annual 'meet'

Quality rather than quality - It was not necessarily the member with the most prolific posts but the member who's posts were considered to be the most interesting/refreshing/thought provoking// etc.

What do members here think of the idea?

I wonder who would win the prize on this forum?
I doubt it would be allowed on here carol. We are not even allowed a 'like' button.

Out of interest, how did it work? There are thousands of members although not all are active but they couldn't all be listed in a poll.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2018, 09:21 AM

Nom - I would vote for you every time - because:-

Your photos are exquisite.

Your posts are always interesting and informative - especially on Nature matters.

You are never contentious - you rarely - if ever - lose your rag.

You are never nasty - either about or to anyone.

You have a fantastic sense of humour.

You bear your various health issues with fortitude.

I admire and applaud your positive attitude to life!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2018, 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by Gravitas ->

I think you missed the point Gravitas...... other members need to vote for you if you want to win"!
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2018, 09:26 AM

My vote for poser would be...oh..sorry carry on

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top