Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2018, 04:05 PM

It Aint Arf HOT Mum

It aint arf HOT mum.Like most people I enjoy nice weather but this relentless HEAT is getting me down,day after day,night after night,hot /humid cant breathe.I cant remember the last time we had rain. Someone text BBC 1 & SAID they had had enough of this heat,bring back the British grey skies
But I bet now the children are on holiday it will change soon
Panda
Dorset/Europe
Panda is female 

21-07-2018, 04:31 PM

Re: It Aint Arf HOT Mum

I love this weather and wouldn't mind it every day, all my aches and pains disappear.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2018, 04:34 PM

The heat is better than snow and ice. You get cabin fever with that!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2018, 06:07 PM

Talking about the excessive heat lately, many are sweating profusely. I wondered if we should be topping up with essential minerals?

The minerals most commonly identified as suffering significant losses in sweating are, zinc, magnesium, calcium, sodium and potassium.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2018, 06:09 PM

Have been wearing wet T shirt. Works well for me.

Water evaporates from body heat, cooling the skin and lowering temperature.

Keeping your hands cool will also help.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2018, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by deylon ->
It aint arf HOT mum.Like most people I enjoy nice weather but this relentless HEAT is getting me down,day after day,night after night,hot /humid cant breathe.I cant remember the last time we had rain. Someone text BBC 1 & SAID they had had enough of this heat,bring back the British grey skies
But I bet now the children are on holiday it will change soon

Deylon darlin' - I'm comfortably cool, because I purchased one of these:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/PORTABLE-WA...rds=air+cooler

Fill it up with cool water from a bottle I keep in my fridge, add a few ice cubes too and the fan on the machine blows across the suface of the water tank and keeps you cool in the process. I wouldn't be without mine now!!!
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2018, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
The heat is better than snow and ice. You get cabin fever with that!
I much prefer snow and ice to very hot weather. Fortunately after some heavy downpours yesterday it is much cooler today, just under 20C.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2018, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Deylon darlin' - I'm comfortably cool, because I purchased one of these:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/PORTABLE-WA...rds=air+cooler

Fill it up with cool water from a bottle I keep in my fridge, add a few ice cubes too and the fan on the machine blows across the suface of the water tank and keeps you cool in the process. I wouldn't be without mine now!!!
Is it like A/C then ?
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2018, 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
Is it like A/C then ?

Sort of and because its on wheels its very portable.
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2018, 09:05 PM

Is it any good U.J ?As its so hot ias there any cool air to blow around ?Unfortunately my son ,who does the ordering,will only buy through Amazon 'Prime'

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top