Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2018, 11:05 AM

Re: Clouds got in the way!

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Who's Paul the weatherman?
Morning Longdogs...
'Paul the Weatherman' is a very snappily dressed bubbly character who reads the local weather forecast on 'Look North' For all us Yorkshire folk! You can tell from his enthusiasm that it's more than just a job for him. Anyway, people send him photos of weather stuff, and he put them in his latest book and makes loads of brass..........Nice bloke though.

I did learn all of the cloud formations when I was a kid but like most things I have forgotten them to make way for all the useless stuff.
Aint that the truth Longdogs, when I'm trying to answer some of the questions on 'Eggheads' and 'The Chase' I think "I used to know all that, what happened?"
I usually come up with the correct answers about an hour after the program has finished...I am finding that happens with most things these days though, I can still do everything that I could do at twenty one, it just takes me ten times longer..... And Mrs Fox just doesn't have the patience....
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2018, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Morning Longdogs...
'Paul the Weatherman' is a very snappily dressed bubbly character who reads the local weather forecast on 'Look North' For all us Yorkshire folk! You can tell from his enthusiasm that it's more than just a job for him. Anyway, people send him photos of weather stuff, and he put them in his latest book and makes loads of brass..........Nice bloke though.

Aint that the truth Longdogs, when I'm trying to answer some of the questions on 'Eggheads' and 'The Chase' I think "I used to know all that, what happened?"
I usually come up with the correct answers about an hour after the program has finished...I am finding that happens with most things these days though, I can still do everything that I could do at twenty one, it just takes me ten times longer.....
That reminds me of 'When it takes you all night to do what you used to do all night' -The oldest swinger in town.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2018, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Met Office say:

Fascinating .....
Aww that's brilliant! Thanks for that Omah....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

22-07-2018, 11:15 AM

That reminds me of 'When it takes you all night to do what you used to do all night' -The oldest swinger in town.
Ha ha ha....and quite true Longdongs, Mrs Fox always takes her knitting to bed with her and says:- "Pull my nighty down when you're finished!"......SORRY..... Couldn't resist.........Jumper anyone?
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2018, 11:21 AM

Aww that's brilliant! Thanks for that Omah....
Apart from this summer, I've always got one eye on the clouds when I'm "rambling" to anticipate weather changes .....

I'm going to use that guide to sound like an authority on the subject to my colleagues .....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

22-07-2018, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Apart from this summer, I've always got one eye on the clouds when I'm "rambling" to anticipate weather changes .....

I'm going to use that guide to sound like an authority on the subject to my colleagues .....
Same here Omah, between the BBC the night before and a visual inspection on the day I can usually decide which waterproof to pack in the rucksack. Recently though, there has been more room for sandwiches....
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2018, 12:12 PM

It's not nonsense at all Lion Queen, it's where we draw our strength from to help us get through the day...
And who's to say it's not your Mum and Sister looking down, there are many things in this world we don't know....
thank you Foxy, thats a lovely thing to say
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2018, 07:53 AM

Who's Paul the weatherman?
Just saw this LD sorry for not responding sooner he is the weatherman on our regional news programme in Yorkshire he is funny and informative. He encourages people to send him photos and comments on them, he particularly likes clouds being a weatherman

Did you bother sending the photo to him in the end foxy?

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top