Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2018, 12:08 AM

Re: Israel evacuates White Helmets from Syria

Propaganda for what ?
I supose it depends on if you believe the online conspiracy theory that has been waged on them .
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2018, 03:00 AM

the ME will forever continue to drag the super powers into their mire - whilst some prosper and grow - thinks UAE ;Qatar ' Israel etc others cannot bury their shiite - sunni [and all the offshoots from these] differences and instead of growing and prospering destroy themselves - imploding - thinks Syria - Iraq - Yemen Lybia [ah dear Lybia] ; lebanon [once the Paris of the ME etc etc.

the west of course benefits from all of this - they get to sell more weapons of 'mass destruction' get to practice their 'feet on the ground exercises' real time and real bullets and keep getting more oil? and flex their muscles at each other - thinks Russia and the West!

and the rest of us just watch and fear - will they be coming into our backyards soon??

someone once said "Islam is NOT compatible with democracy" - think about it think about it.

It's a political ideology dressed as a religion. Like Dr. Bill Warner said: It is "Communism with a god". I do like the small g there!

wouldn't it just be amazing if we all went about our own business - visiting and trading with each other ; complimenting each other ; learning from each other and not fighting each other - sounds like heaven without the 'chips on the shoulders' One can dream anyway?
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2018, 04:10 AM

Aye. That would be nice, but it'll never happen.

I once had a long conversation, prior to 9/11, with a Muslim from Lebanon. I asked him about the unending violence in the M.E. and why it does not stop.

He told me that Muslims in the M.E. have long, long memories.
He said, "If one of my ancestors had killed one of his, it is his responsibility to kill me. If one of my group killed one of his group, even a hundred years ago, then he must kill as many of my group as possible".

He called it honor.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2018, 05:43 AM

goes back even further than that:

Genesis Ch 16 [Hagar and Ishmael]

vs 09 - 15 - ..........you are now with child and you will have a son. You shall name him Ishmael for the Lord has heard of your misery [Ishmael of hebrew origin 'God listens' - [how beautiful] He will be a wild donkey of a man; his hand will be against everyone and everyone's hand against him ; and he will live in hostility towards all his brothers.....................

sort of fits with your comments bakerman IMO

ps: how sublimely true ; how devastatingly true ; how cruelly true - why ? - ah many questions remain unanswered - the answers are perhaps buried in antiquity and need digging and searching for but I think they are all there - and then as if by serendipity a nugget of knowledge suddenly appears and fits in the jigsaw of life!
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2018, 06:22 AM

I wonder if Emperor Honorius felt like we do as he saw the Visagoths coming over the 7th hill of Rome. And did he realize that it was the end of the Roman Empire ?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2018, 06:35 AM

It will certainly be the end of Europe .
Mass emigration will change the character of Europe forever .
The Hungarian Prime Minister says what so many think.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a8149251.html
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2018, 09:07 AM

Just a thought, aren't these 'White helmets' now refugees???

Isn't it international law, that refugees are given a safe place in the first country they come to??? Since these 'refugees' were rescued by Israel, why are they not being given sanctuary within Israel???
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2018, 10:23 AM

I'm just wondering if those who are now to be considered as refugees will be allowed to set up their own Emergency Medical Service and ambulance service, strictly for Muslims ?
It seem to be a thing of the Middle East, and obviously a welcome addition in this country to help the over stretched NHS services.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2018, 10:34 AM

Ah yes. I knew I'd read of the idea somewhere before :

https://www.thejc.com/community/comm...roster-1.66896
Bruv
Kent UK
Bruv is male  Bruv has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2018, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Propaganda for what ?
I supose it depends on if you believe the online conspiracy theory that has been waged on them .
There is an industry of misinformation out there, far too much of it is taken as true.

I am as prone to be fooled as anyone else, wonder if you are ?

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top