Join for free
Page 248 of 255 « First < 148 198 238 246 247 248 249 250 > Last »
Linda0818
USA
Linda0818 is female  Linda0818 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2018, 10:08 PM

Re: OFF slimming club---open to everyone.

Oh, okay. I thought you meant you put salad type stuff into the quiche before it was baked. That sounds yummy

Today for lunch I had a personal-sized chicken pot pie and a salad. Tonight, it being Friday and all, we're having pizza. I always get my own pizza because the boys (my son and his dad) won't eat the stuff that I eat and I don't eat the stuff they eat. Which is kind of a good thing because I get mine all to myself. I got a thin crust pizza with ham, pineapple, green pepper and mushroom. We're having the food delivered at 8pm.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2018, 02:07 PM

Just had our dinner of:

Smoked Haddock, Jersey New Potatoes, fresh runner beans from the garden and carrots.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2018, 02:36 PM

Roast Chicken, R. Potatoes, Cabbage, Carrots & Gravy.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK

23-07-2018, 06:52 AM

Chicken Salad today.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK

24-07-2018, 01:52 PM

Cod, Fried potato rings, mushrooms and mushy peas.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2018, 04:11 PM

I haven't been in this thread before as I'm not slimming specifically. However, I am having a closer look at my diet at the moment and recently have not only discarded certain fattening and unhealthy items of my diet but I've also exchanged many foods for healthier options:

So I rarely take sugar in anything, just a quarter of a teaspoon in coffee if it's black. I rarely eat chocolate and crisps are definitely out of the picture.

If I'm having cereal, I'll eat Fruit and Fibre, Weetabix or porridge. To cure the problem of the bland taste, I'll add banana or sultanas instead of sugar.

Ready meals are virtually out now. I used to take one to work every night but now make wraps - either chicken or tuna with some lettuce. I'll have a yoghurt and a Special K-type bar too.

For my (only) main meal at home, I'll eat earlier than I used to, as I need a pre-shift sleep at 6pm, so I'll eat my meal about 4.30pm to let it settle.

I have vices of course. I enjoy two chocolate digestives with an afternoon coffee, but even those are now plain chocolate. I'll eat chips sometimes but that's usually if I'm visiting McDonalds with my granddaughter. My main meal will be a chicken burger, not a Big Mac!

I enjoy a few drinks at the weekend. That is my social life and I work hard all week to look forward to it - and even with beer I am now drinking 'blonde' or 'golden' ales rather than dark, heavy beer.

After being around 17 stone for years, my weight is now stable at 16.5, but I'm still looking at losing some more. As I'm a regular gym-goer and ex-bodybuilder, my physique is mostly muscular anyway, so there is only a little belly fat now left to contend with (but I think that is my weekend's vices there). My gym programmes are more geared towards faster, lighter weights on the whole too, so that's good cardio in itself. I still do some heavier work to keep up my form, but nothing too much like in my younger days, besides I have a physical job at work, so I do plenty of lifting and walking during my night shifts.

So, there's a brief outline of where I'm at. I'll pop in here frequently from now on and give updates, and also look at what others are doing to combat their own personal weight battles.

susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK

24-07-2018, 06:10 PM

Hi Floydy, nice of you to come on our thread.

To me I don't think you need to lose any weight, you're lovely and fit and full of muscles.

I don't have sugar on anything at all, never really have done, I don't like sweet things i'm a savoury person, I try and eat as healthy as I can.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2018, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
Hi Floydy, nice of you to come on our thread.

To me I don't think you need to lose any weight, you're lovely and fit and full of muscles.

I don't have sugar on anything at all, never really have done, I don't like sweet things i'm a savoury person, I try and eat as healthy as I can.
Thanks Susie, there's always room for improvement though and it's watching the midriff that's the main aim.

You don't look affected by weight gain yourself. Abstaining from taking sugar has obviously served you well.
Linda0818
USA
Linda0818 is female  Linda0818 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2018, 01:37 AM

I'm a savory person as well. Not much into the sweet stuff.

Tonight for my dinner is a tortilla wrap with avocado mayo, eggplant, red bell pepper, onions, tomato and baby spinach.

Tomorrow for lunch I'm taking a whole grain seeded wrap with cucumber, baby spinach, avocado, red bell pepper and having a small salad on the side.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK

25-07-2018, 08:29 AM

You will be surprised Floydy once I take these clothes off, it all hangs out, fat everywhere.

Todays its:

Chicken Legs, R. Potato, B. Onion, Fine Beans, Carrots & Gravy.

Page 248 of 255 « First < 148 198 238 246 247 248 249 250 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top