Join for free
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2012, 09:43 AM

Stony Broke.

So the Rolling Stones will be doing four gigs in November and getting £4,000,000 each for doing so. The tickets are only £106 to £406 each..........a steal !
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2012, 10:14 AM

Re: Stony Broke.

Guess the Resession has finally hit the Folk with the Millions to their Names lol
janet gracey
london
janet gracey is female  janet gracey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2012, 04:18 PM

Don't think I'll be going to any of their concerts at that price. Did see them years ago.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2012, 06:14 PM

Why pay £106-£406 to see a couple of fellow pensioners when we have our own version of Mick Jagger in the local?. "Ronnie the snake Gilligan gives a spectacular performance of "Satisfaction" and more every Saturday night, and all for free!. At 75 Ronnie can leap like a stag around the floor and he's got the same 'Two eggs in a hankie' arse as Mick Jagger, the Women adore him even the young ones, he always leaves them begging for more.
warleyron
Warley, Essex UK
warleyron is male  warleyron has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2012, 06:44 PM

Brian Robertson (Thin Lizzy, Motorhead) often plays in my local free.
ontheshelf
New Member!
South coast
ontheshelf is female 

16-10-2012, 07:46 PM

I think if it IS their last tour they should do one for free, to say thanks to all their UK fans

Certainly not paying £100+ to see them.
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2012, 10:13 AM

I saw them about three times a week back in the early 60's. They used to do the home counties R&B circuit (The Ricky Tick Club at the Star & Garter, Windsor, The Crawdaddy at Station Hotel, Richmond, and Eel Pie Island, Twickenham) and they were amazing - as were all the other bands and individual artists who featured on the circuit on a regular basis - Yardbirds (with Clapton on guitar), Who, Pretty Things, Georgie Fame, Manfred Mann, John Mayall, Cyril Davies, Alexis Korner and many more. I was only 14 when I first started going to their gigs in 1962, but luckily I was a biggish rugby player with lots of front, so I always managed to blag my way in (and buy a pint).
I'd like to see them again, but I certainly wouldn't pay those prices.

Mick
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2012, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by jemflux ->
Why pay £106-£406 to see a couple of fellow pensioners when we have our own version of Mick Jagger in the local?. "Ronnie the snake Gilligan gives a spectacular performance of "Satisfaction" and more every Saturday night, and all for free!. At 75 Ronnie can leap like a stag around the floor and he's got the same 'Two eggs in a hankie' arse as Mick Jagger, the Women adore him even the young ones, he always leaves them begging for more.
I'd love to be a regular at your pub

Ali, you are so right, they should do this one for free. It's their loyal fans that have kept them where they are.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top