Join for free
Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2013, 08:32 PM

Re: Genealogy Corner

Jazzi if its basic you should get the census and parish records and the Army ones if you are lucky. You have to pay for the International if you want the World like USA, Germany Oz etc. I don't have that although they sometimes treat you and give you access to that for a few days.
Now and again they treat you. It will be good for you but you start
getting a very round bottom doing Ancestry I have never had to put
false cheeks on my behind, it just grew and I blame it on the Ancestors.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2013, 03:06 PM

Very happy. Just heard back from a potential relative from Ancestry site, who I contacted a week or so ago. She's busy at the moment but now we have made contact we can swap information we have on our ancestors. Exciting stuff.
Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
Cheshire Cat is female  Cheshire Cat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2013, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Very happy. Just heard back from a potential relative from Ancestry site, who I contacted a week or so ago. She's busy at the moment but now we have made contact we can swap information we have on our ancestors. Exciting stuff.

That's fantastic Jazzi, so pleased she's been in touch.
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2013, 05:42 PM

I love doing Ancestry and have found out so much about my Ancestors.
I am sure they are chuffed that I have found them too.

My great disappointment is after spending hundreds of pounds on it that
my close relatives like my sister and brothers are not interested even though we share the same close ancestry.

I cant even speak of it to them. Needless to say I am not very happy about that as its a hobby I know but seeing it takes up a lot of my time
I don't know why I cant mention it as its part of my life.

Needless to say again, I now don't bother too much as its their loss not mine.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2013, 06:07 PM

Thanks Joy! When I replied to her message with bare information saying I hope we can swap information and that maybe we are related, she replied saying it seems we are! She apparently works away from home a lot and has let the ancestry slip. She said if I'm willing to wait she will dig up her details and then we can swap. I'm quite excited.

BE, I'm sorry your siblings don't seem that interested! But if I'm honest, neither are most of mine really! The older sister is a bit but the other sister and the brother don't talk about it. I'm doing it for myself and yes, would have shared with Mum had she carried on living. But I do enjoy the research and find it fascinating. Keep at it gel, and share your findings with us. We'll listen.
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK

29-10-2013, 10:33 AM

Thanks Jazzi
Old Supporter
Bedfordshire UK
Old Supporter is male  Old Supporter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2015, 05:26 PM

Run that past me again!!

My brother died about a month ago, and in a box of old photos I found this, that might humour somebody. This was written about 20 years ago shortly before he made a visit to the USA.

At the end of the monthI am going to California to attend the wedding of my step grand daughter. The bride will have three bridesmaids, two of them are her half sisters, and one a step sister. The step sister to the bride is also step sister to one of the bride's half sisters, and a half sister to the other. You follow me? Perhaps I had better start at the beginning.

Back in the dim and distant past I was married and we had two children. We were then divorced and I married again. My second wife had two children from her first marriage. My first wife also married again, it was her second husbands second marriage, but no children. So it's not too difficult so far. My daughter from my first marriage was married, and had a daughter and then was divorced. She married again and had another daughter. Her second husband had been married before and brought a son and a daughter to the second marriage. His first wife married again and had another son and a daughter. Getting interested so far?

Now we go back a little, and take a look at the children of my second wife. The son took a partner and they had a son, who is now grown up. They have been together now for over twenty years without the need for either marriage or divorce. The daughter, my step daughter, got married and had two children, both daughters, then divorced. She then took a partner who had been married and had two children. Meanwhile her first husband also took a partner. Her younger daughter, my step grand daughter has recently married. The line up at that wedding was quite interesting, it included the bride's mother with her partner, the bride's father with his partner, and the groom's father, mother and stepmother. That brings thing more or less up to date.

So at the coming wedding, the bride is my daughter's step daughter, and her bridesmaids are her mother's daughter from her second marriage, and her step mother's daughter from her first marriage -- I think.

I am having difficulty with the various relationships, but what worries me a little, is how a future family historian is going to work it all out! My brother, who is married, and has three at present unmarried sons, looks on my branch of the family in awe, and says it's like tree that's been pruned and grafted by a mad gardener!

Anyway, I'm quite sure the wedding will be very interesting, after all there is my new step grandson-in-law's family to explore.

That was originally posted on one of the Cardiff Genealogy sites.

As for me, my family is very boring by comparison. I have been happily married for 53 years.

Arthur
Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
Cheshire Cat is female  Cheshire Cat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2015, 09:52 AM

I think I shall have to read that again, several times, to understand that Arthur!!

How on earth will future generations sort that one out?

Thank you for sharing that on here Arthur.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2015, 05:03 PM

One doesn't 'do' maths
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2015, 03:55 PM

I vaguely being told by my Mum many years ago that we had a surgeon in family who went on to be Knighted and became the governor of what was then Southern Rhodesia. This was proved to be a fact when my eldest son spent a small fortune on our family tree a couple of years ago going back to the 1600s.

Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top