Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2014, 03:26 PM

Re: John Denver and Roy Orbison.............

Indeed it is Jennifer.

I remember buying The Traveling Wilburys Vol 1 when it first came out and being so glad that the next generation would experience Roy Orbison and the other greats, only to turn the news on one morning less than a month later to the report that he had died.

As you probably heard in the documentary, Roy said that, when asked how he'd like to be remembered, he would simply like to be remembered. Such a humble man.

Both his and John Denver's music still lives on in my record player.

They don't make them like they used to...
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2014, 12:07 PM

Re: John Denver and Roy Orbison.............

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I always remember Del Shannon. I believe it was called "Runaway". It was playing the very first time I was kissed - ah. Silly me thought he truly cared, but it turned out he was just a groper!
Del Shannon was my No1 singing hero Mups, the missus and me loved to smooch around the floor to him singing 'Kelly'. He had a tragic end too, I think he shot himself.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top