Join for free
Page 170 of 370 « First < 70 120 160 168 169 170 171 172 180 220 270 > Last »
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2018, 05:15 PM

Re: Post your daily exercise routine

LQ, I know you must love the late day walks with your pup and husband. All those distractions and good company must hardly feel like exercise. My gosh, that video takes me back to when we were all doing Jane Fonda workouts trying to look like Olivia Newton John in "Let's Get Physical" . Thank goodness the workout apparel has improved...

OGF, that's just too good to hear that you are now doing back-to-back runs. We are ever competing against our former, faster selves, aren't we. Sometimes we win and sometimes we lose. That younger fitter self back there in our past, bragging about faster times and longer distances sure can be an irritant sometimes .

A day in the hospital for one of my daughter's last infusions, once harrowing and depressing, they are now mini celebrations as we count down the last three...

Step aerobics and maybe some cycling if I can squeeze it in...l

Enjoy whatever your leotards find you doing.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2018, 12:25 PM

Hi.
I'm still around despite the lack of action in these pages of late. Aside from the blood tests, haircut and babysitting last night, the weather has just been too nice to pass on for the sake of sweating it out in a muggy gym so I've been making the most of it by sunning myself outside. Common sense really. Unfortunately this isn't Florida where we can take the beautiful weather for granted so we here in dreary old England must capitalise on the lovely weather while we can. But luckily we don't have the aforementioned crocodiles...

Suzie - here's that missing pic I'll try posting again. Some extra gym work would see you being happily able to run if you acquired supergirl status:

On a more serious note though, it's good to see your daughter hopefully on the last of here infusions and on a permanent road to recovery. That's good news, I know you've been through a great deal

Lion Queen
- Good on you for spending some pleasant family time with your walks out with your dog and husband. That's why this current climate is so treasured at the moment.

Bob - Your piriformis (woohoo! - got the spelling correct for once) is holding out well mate and that must feel so good. As always bud, don't overdo it but it's great to see you out and about once more, even though you may have to attack that Post-it note...I know the feeling only too well mate....

Myself, and having at last found some time to myself as my wife has taken my granddaughter to ballet class, I'll be spending a good chuck of this afternoon at the gym. Firstly I have to hoover round the whole house (Post-It notes are in wild supply in Hull too, Bob ) and then I'll be doing a very large catch-up session at the other house of iron. Later of course it will be a pleasant siesta in the sun. I'm not meeting up with my pals today which would be normal on a Saturday, as I'm off work until Wednesday night now - so a few pints tomorrow instead.

My reasons for taking time off is predominantly because me and a couple of mates have tickets to see Roger Waters at the Liverpool Echo Arena on Monday night. Roger of course was the main songwriter, singer and bassist for my favourite band of all-time, Pink Floyd and this will be the first and probably only time I will get to see a member of the band performing live. It's part of his world tour and the show is promised to be spectacular and I can't wait.

I'll return later today with my training write-up, so enjoy your day everyone. Talk soon
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2018, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
That looks perfect for my piriformis muscle Lion Queen, if it's alright with you, I'll join you.........Not sure about the leotards though....
awww goowon, gi'us a giggle hehe
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2018, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
LQ, I know you must love the late day walks with your pup and husband. All those distractions and good company must hardly feel like exercise. My gosh, that video takes me back to when we were all doing Jane Fonda workouts trying to look like Olivia Newton John in "Let's Get Physical" . Thank goodness the workout apparel has improved...

OGF, that's just too good to hear that you are now doing back-to-back runs. We are ever competing against our former, faster selves, aren't we. Sometimes we win and sometimes we lose. That younger fitter self back there in our past, bragging about faster times and longer distances sure can be an irritant sometimes .

A day in the hospital for one of my daughter's last infusions, once harrowing and depressing, they are now mini celebrations as we count down the last three...

Step aerobics and maybe some cycling if I can squeeze it in...l

Enjoy whatever your leotards find you doing.
Do you know SM, I used to LOVE doing Jane Fonda workouts, personally for me she has been the best ever motivating aerobic fitness video queen. As it happens a few months back I got one of her videos from the 80s up on youtube and I still enjoyed it. It was this one, I remember doing it back in the 80s and thoroughly enjoying it. I don't actually mind the old style aerobic gear either but don't tell anyone LOL
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2018, 06:43 AM

Returning to this text at 5.30am this morning, which I actually started scribbling down last night before being whisked off to a barbeque, I compose this prose for two different websites: A 50+ forum and a bodybuilding site (not naming either for certain reasons). This being the Over 50’s Forum, I have substituted said site with the opposite title. I know the wording of my exercise regime may vary as applicable to each forum so please adapt as and where necessary….i.e. I cannot talk in “Bro” speak to one and then suddenly switch to talking nice and politely to sundry older folk on the other at the turn of a sixpence. Please bear with me as I make amendments to each.

Immediately following this something-of-a-monolithic session I think I can still hold up in the gainz department with my of sheer grit and determination that I put into all this madness; the requirement of old age muscle still proving its worth and perhaps even matching some of the younger guys doing what I do here over a time scale typical as the session I put in yesterday.

Comprising a varied mix of my now commonplace high reps – essential as a more interesting substitute for hated cardio for keeping the weight at bay - plus some heavier poundage on some exercises to up the strength I hit the gym. So it was with lots of high reps, a little bit of strength and a whole load of exercises which enabled the muscles to keep functioning very well and even building somewhat at the same time, I commenced on my session…

Saturday, 30/6/18:
(All weights in kgs; h/r = high reps)

Upper body:

DB bench press:
12x20’s, 8x28’s, 4x32’s

Shoulder press:
6x60, 6x75, 4x85, 4x90
25x30 h/r

Pec dec:
50x30 h/r

Fly dec:
25x72.5, 25x80, 18x87.5
*Really cranked up the weight on this one today with more than I’ve ever lifted on this. A bonkers weight to do 18 reps on with that last lift and I don’t know where I got my strength from tbh.

Smith flat bench press:
12x40, 6x60,
25x30 h/r

Lat pulldown:
Hammer bar - 25x35
Wide grip - 25x35

Seated row:
12x47, 12x59, 8x65

Chest press:
50x30, 25x40, 15x60

Tricep extensions:
10x40, 10x50, 10x60, 10x70
50x35, 50x30, 20x25 high reps
*After a number of triceps-related exercises from the start to this final ‘push’ exercise, the backs of my arms were ready to deteriorate, but otherwise looking and feeling like stone.

Barbell curl, standing:
10x30, 10x30, 10x30

E-Z preacher curl, close grip:
8x38, 6x43, 6x48, 6x50.5
25x20 h/r
*Always rather satisfying to still be able to curl more than 50kgs with the biceps.

E-Z preacher curl, wide grip:
10x28, 10x28, 10x28
*Changing the grip like this hits the outer peak of the biceps really well.

Barbell forearm reverse curl, standing:
10x20, 10x20

High-pull bicep cable curls:
12x25

Back to the triceps for a quick blast:
Push downs:
60x15, 30x20, 12x30 fast reps

Legs:

Sled press:
50x150, 50x120, 50x100 h/r

Seated ham curls:
25x50, 12x60, 35x35

Ab crunch:
50x35

Time: 2hr. 15mins.

And that was that. The mad thing is I feel great today and feel like hot footing it back again for some more. We shall see later on.

Thanks for reading
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2018, 09:51 AM

I would like to report back that I done my 10k walk yesterday , in the mid day sun - it was 28oC - in 1hr and 20 mins, which whilst will never break any speed records, Im really proud of esp in that heat

I raised £200 for the charity

Front of my thighs are a bit tight today and I did have a bit of heat exhaustion yesterday evening ( the walk then getting ready for a party, then cooking on the BBQ took its toll) but an hours lie down and lots of fluids had me back on my feet quickly enough

I think now I know I can easily manage 10k at a good pace, I will start doing it more regularly. I did rather enjoy it as we walked through some very pretty roads
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2018, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by Missy ->
I would like to report back that I done my 10k walk yesterday , in the mid day sun - it was 28oC - in 1hr and 20 mins, which whilst will never break any speed records, Im really proud of esp in that heat

Front of my thighs are a bit tight today and I did have a bit of heat exhaustion yesterday evening ( the walk then getting ready for a party, then cooking on the BBQ took its toll) but an hours lie down and lots of fluids had me back on my feet quickly enough

I think now I know I can easily manage 10k at a good pace, I will start doing it more regularly. I did rather enjoy it as we walked through some very pretty roads
Well done Missy, quite an achievement!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

01-07-2018, 10:09 AM

Yes, well done, Missy. A great achievement for charity
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2018, 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by Missy ->

Ten Kilometres in eighty minutes is shifting it quite a bit Missy, and in that heat, you should be proud..... Well done....and 'Respect' from me.....
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK

01-07-2018, 10:30 AM

oooops forgot to add the link for SM

here it is anyway

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HU1FUzrM3Fs

Page 170 of 370 « First < 70 120 160 168 169 170 171 172 180 220 270 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top