Join for free
Page 1 of 58 1 2 3 11 51 > Last »
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2015, 02:46 PM

Gumbud Leisurely Scribbles (part 1)

I’m living in the world of Miss Marples
Where nothing is ever what it seems
But for an hour or two my world does turn blue
And I’m living through everyone’s dreams

I’ve been transposed back in a time machine
To the 20/30/40’s and beyond
I can mix with the rich and view poor at a switch
And I just sit and watch all who respond

And I know what the finish will be like
Despite corpses who litter the floor
Miss Marples will out as summer casts a clout
And she smiles so demurely and sure!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2015, 07:21 PM

Re: Gumbud Leisurely Scribbles (part 1)

I do love Miss Marple, based on Agatha Christie’s Grandmothers powers of observation I believe.
Speaking of observation and powers of, when I’m talking to someone in the pub I love to listen and at the same time I am discreetly watching their body movements, the ladies make far more movements than the men do, expressing themselves down to the last detail, I think it’s no wonder that women are better writers than men, they are great at filling you in when telling a story. While my missus is no writer she takes great pleasure in telling me about the Butchers new dog or the new carpet one of her friends got, trivial stuff to me but I do pretend to be interested for peace sake, ‘cos I’m gonna hear it whether I want to or not
While some of Agatha Christie’s plots are brilliant others are not so clever, but I read her works over and over again not so much for the plots but the way she expresses her observations about individuals, very funny sometimes and often outrageous, take Lord Bantry and his wife Dolly (The Thirteen Problems) she really gives these two a hard time but they deserve it they are both gobshites, she would not get away with it today in this PC gone mad world.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2015, 11:57 PM

My dads favourite poem, he used to recite it when he had a pint or two, used to really bamboozle us as kids.

One fine day in the middle of the night,
Two dead boys got up to fight,
Back to back they faced each other,
Drew their swords and shot each other,
One was blind and the other couldn't, see
So they chose a dummy for a referee.
A blind man went to see fair play,
A dumb man went to shout "hooray!"
A paralysed donkey passing by,
Kicked the blind man in the eye,
Knocked him through a nine inch wall,
Into a dry ditch and drowned them all,
A deaf policeman heard the noise,
And came to arrest the two dead boys,
If you don't believe this story’s true,
Ask the blind man he saw it too!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

06-02-2015, 09:56 PM

I was watching the security cameras earlier, they show the front and back of the house and alternate between the two scenes, suddenly the view of the front went upside down, the sound stayed perfect though, I checked all along the wires and one connection was a bit loose so I fixed it. It was then I had my eureka moment!
Some folks can read upside down and backwards too, I have heard music played backwards, people speaking backwards on recorders, but what if we could hear sound that was upside down, yes upside down sound, you can see upside down visions, why not hear upside down noises? what would it sound like to our ears? would you have to stand on your head to hear it? I think they should research the possibility of upside down sound, it would open up a whole new concept in listening pleasure. We already have stereo sound and the home cinema sound effect, well can you imagine adding upside down sound to that, the speakers would have to slowly suck in the sound then fans inside them would take over and spin the sound on it’s head forcing it to travel upside down to hit the four corners of the room, utterly fantastic experience in listening. If they ever get to grips with this I can envisage future generations evolving an extra pair of ears on their backsides to enhance the experience of upside down sound. Who knows what delights await discovery? if we do not seek we shall never find.
I believe John Lennon experienced something like it on an LSD trip, they tried it out on ‘Strawberry Fields’ but failed miserably, it cannot be explained you have to actually hear it, roll on the upside down ultimate sound recorder! And remember, you heard it first on here folks!
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2015, 09:58 PM

I feel disorientated and a bit sick ...
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2015, 11:51 PM

What's your Words Worth
Domination of the Turf?.
A verbal rebirth
Spray the Splurf
Seen your Type Before
You know the score
You like to deplore
Minds to explore
Smell the Coffee
Taste the toffee
Visit Entebbe
Tell a Teletubbie.
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2015, 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by Pug ->
AHA! A thread that is a poetry test.
Ok,I'll have a bash and give it my best.
Although my spelling's not much and nor is my grammar.
[So I h-hope it d-doesn't b-bring out my stammer]

'Coz poetry,well,it's not a thing I can do.
Because,multi-syllabics,hmm-I know very few.
Usually this keyboard and I-we just fight.
Because words come out wrong,though they started out right.

I think it's this 'qwerty',it doesn't like me.
I have less fingers than normal,y'see.
So invariably [ooh look; a multi-thing word!]
What I think will make sense will just end up absurd.

So I sit and type things that make sense in my mind
Which via fingers and keyboard so often I find
Have changed their veracity and often their spelling
So,what WILL I type next? With THESE hands,there's no telling!
Good little poem, very inventive
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2015, 05:21 PM

Awww...thank you,Sue.
I won't pretend poetry comes easily...well...not 'clean' poetry!

Jem;
M'main man...walk into Bracken Cave,Texas,just after sundown.
All you'll hear is a cacophony of upside-down "Oh,ffs-another tourist,when we're trying to sleep!"
[wiv a Murcan accent,natch]
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

08-02-2015, 10:17 PM

Ah Pug dear boy, nice to see you dropping in. Thank you for the tip, next time I visit the States I will investigate.
These silly things do play on my mind you know, like why do we need two nostrils when we can only smell one thing at a time, we have two ears and they are apart so we can hear more than one sound at a time, maybe if we separated the two nostrils and put one on either side of the head we could smell two smells at the same time, Oh questions, the world if full of them and so few good answers.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2015, 10:20 PM

or two ovaries or testicles - maybe like a spare tire - just hangs in there until required?

Page 1 of 58 1 2 3 11 51 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top