Join for free
Page 794 of 1676 « First < 294 694 744 784 792 793 794 795 796 804 844 894 1294 > Last »
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2018, 12:26 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
heh - if ya all have any aussie dollar ya don't want - just send them here to me!! we take any trash - even yours!!
I knew that would get you. X
There are a lot of mangy old dogs wandering the streets, do you want them?
Very sad really, I went and bought some dog biscuits for them. Poor things they're teeth couldn't cope.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2018, 12:41 PM

god ya a suck!!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2018, 12:48 PM

[QUOTE=gumbud;1449914]OMG - dingos are one of our national emblems - although we do eat the other two national emblems - kangaroos and emus but NO the dingo is treasured.
it's a bit like asking the Irish if they have four leaf clover soup daily!!

Actually Gummy a lot of people think the Shamrock is our national emblem but in fact it’s the Harp, and the more strings you can pull the better for yourself.
All together now, a bar of Count John McCormack singing “The Dear Little Shamrock” Recorded in 1910, God rest me Granny, she had the record for yonks and had the tracks worn off it, it still brings a tear to me eye, sentimental old fool that I am, I can still hear her saying “Wind it up again little Jimmy”

“There's a dear little plant that grows in our Isle, 
'Twas Saint Patrick himself sure that set it;

And the sun on his labour with pleasure did smile,

And the dew from his eye often wet it.

It shines through the bog through the brake, through the mireland,

And he called it the dear little Shamrock of Ireland.
The dear little Shamrock, the sweet little Shamrock, 
The dear little, sweet little Shamrock of Ireland”

Followed by a bar of “The Dear Little, Sweet Little. Dingo of Australia” By Gumbud. No, I can’t see that working out somehow.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2018, 01:10 PM

oh you silly old fool you go and lay down with Phyllis for a while and cool of ya adure!! [he name Adure originates from Nigeria, West Africa. It is a term that signifies LOVE and the special nature of the first daughter amongst the people of Eastern Nigeria.]
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

29-06-2018, 01:16 PM

There was an auld fella called Jem
Who would sneak off each day to his den
There he would sup the black gold
And turn dross into gold
And when Phyllis said ‘jump’ he’d say ‘when’??
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2018, 02:02 PM

Well I have to wonder why Jem has a shamrock tattoo on his bum cheek and not a harp.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2018, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Well I have to wonder why Jem has a shamrock tattoo on his bum cheek and not a harp.
Talk about Elephants remembering.
I was going to have a Harp done but then thought about the consequences if a few strings broke, could give one a nasty jab, also it would be most disrespectful to my country, I mean would you have the Queens face tattooed on your backside?, one would not be amused. Like that old schoolboy joke "Why is the Queens face on the stamps?" "Because if her arse was on them nobody would lick them"
Then there’s always the possibility of being called ‘Harpo’ seeing we already have a ‘Gummo’ with a ‘Zippo’, then all we’d need is a ‘Groucho’, and as you are the youngest you could be Spring ‘Chico’
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

29-06-2018, 10:34 PM

Don't come the old soldier with me Jem.
I got you cornered.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

29-06-2018, 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Don't come the old soldier with me Jem.
I got you cornered.
sweetie remember they don't have corners in Oieland!! thats way ya ken never coiner an oirishmon see??

did ya ear de one:

An Irishman was flustered not being able to find a parking space in a large mall's parking lot.

"Lord,"he prayed,"I can't stand this.If you open a space up for me,I swear I'll give up drinking me whiskey, and I promise to go to church every Sunday."

Suddenly, the clouds parted and the sun shone on an empty parking spot. Without hesitation, the man said,"Never mind,I found one."

Two paddies were working for the city public works department. One would dig a hole and the other would follow behind him and fill the hole in. They worked up one side of the street, then down the other, then moved on to the next street, working furiously all day without rest, one man digging a hole, the other filling it in again.

An onlooker was amazed at their hard work, but couldn't understand what they were doing. So he asked the hole digger, "I'm impressed by the effort you two are putting in to your work, but I don't get it - why do you dig a hole, only to have your partner follow behind and fill it up again?"

The hole digger wiped his brow and sighed, "Well, I suppose it probably looks odd because we're normally a three-person team. But today the lad who plants the trees called in sick.'"

An Irish priest is driving down to New York and gets stopped for speeding in Connecticut. The state trooper smells alcohol on the priest's breath and then sees an empty wine bottle on the floor of the car.

He says, "Sir, have you been drinking?"

"Just water," says the priest.

The trooper says, "Then why do I smell wine?"

The priest looks at the bottle and says, "Good Lord! He's done it again!"
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

30-06-2018, 09:11 AM

we told you it was dangerous down under!!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...Australia.html

and that was a non-poisonous type !!

Page 794 of 1676 « First < 294 694 744 784 792 793 794 795 796 804 844 894 1294 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top