Join for free
Page 842 of 1676 « First < 342 742 792 832 840 841 842 843 844 852 892 942 1342 > Last »
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2018, 02:43 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

Originally Posted by Pug ->
Hate to ruin your day Toots....but a female devil is called a 'succubus'. [unless you prefer the Hebrew version,which is 'Lilith',who was Adam's first wife and got him into all that trouble]

Ok-gotta go. tara.
oh NO not him again??

I thought someone scuppered his dinghy??
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2018, 03:12 PM

I don’t make stories up Gummy, I just embellish them with a bit of imagination, I can't help it.
Don’t forget when reading my tripe, it’s never a lie if your not expected to believe it.

“And his body lies down in the Grimshaw, for the Ain-gels to take him away, yes the Ain-gels will take him away”
Lines from a very old song I heard in a rural pub the other night, a very sad but true tale of a young man who went out on a fishing trawler the night before he was to be married and perished in the “Grimshaw” with four other hands, they searched for several days after the storm but neither the boat nor the bodies were ever found, a very sad story and it brought a tear to my eye.
Yes Angels became a drawn out ‘Ain-gels’ he was one of those singers who square their mouths up for serious songs, and by God there’s nothing as ugly as a square mouth on any man or woman.
The same singer sang that old chestnut originally by Dickie Valentine “I Wonder”, when he came to the part “When little children learn to walk and someday day walk away” he sang “When lethal children learn to walk and someday walk away” Know what I mean.

Love is like a badly fitted pacemaker, it can make your heart flutter and your fingers tingle, so a chap from Kerry was telling me, he was all a flutter.

My Uncle Gus has just retired from the document shredding department in government buildings, he was 40 years there, you’d think it was a very boring job, but no, he has some ripping yarns to tell.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2018, 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
I don’t make stories up Gummy, I just embellish them with a bit of imagination, I can't help it.
Don’t forget when reading my tripe, it’s never a lie if your not expected to believe it.

“And his body lies down in the Grimshaw, for the Ain-gels to take him away, yes the Ain-gels will take him away”
Lines from a very old song I heard in a rural pub the other night, a very sad but true tale of a young man who went out on a fishing trawler the night before he was to be married and perished in the “Grimshaw” with four other hands, they searched for several days after the storm but neither the boat nor the bodies were ever found, a very sad story and it brought a tear to my eye.
Yes Angels became a drawn out ‘Ain-gels’ he was one of those singers who square their mouths up for serious songs, and by God there’s nothing as ugly as a square mouth on any man or woman.
The same singer sang that old chestnut originally by Dickie Valentine “I Wonder”, when he came to the part “When little children learn to walk and someday day walk away” he sang “When lethal children learn to walk and someday walk away” Know what I mean.

Love is like a badly fitted pacemaker, it can make your heart flutter and your fingers tingle, so a chap from Kerry was telling me, he was all a flutter.

My Uncle Gus has just retired from the document shredding department in government buildings, he was 40 years there, you’d think it was a very boring job, but no, he has some ripping yarns to tell.
wot are you goin on about - I have never said your stories are tripe or you make them up - you just hallucinate a lot!!

anyway welcome back and show us the tatoos on ya bum - SP said she's seen them!!
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2018, 03:37 PM

I love his stories.
I'm going to think of one. X
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

22-07-2018, 04:05 PM

here's one for the lads about dead cars!! - my car died yesterday and it died again today - let me explain - it started makin that chug chug chug along noise and lost speed .

My FIL who is a highly qualified car mechanic said - I'll come and see you then we'll drive back to my place were all the tools are and you can leave it with me to fix - if I tried to tell you what the terminal condition was you wouldn't believe me - a bit like fruitys airplane condition at the bar!!

off I trotted - well limped in me little thingy and he followed on in his reliable dinghy and we dillied and dallied ; lost our way ..........no that's another story. got to his place THEN he took me all the way back for a rest - THEN I went all the way back laterly as fruity would say. THEN he told me he had taken off the rocker cover and exposed her innards - how terrible and found her washers and gaskets were all awash with oil and so were the spark plugs - this is were it is gonna get very exciting cos he told me it would cost $100 to fix and if I didn't pay up he wouldn't put humpty dumpty back together again - part II tomorrow!!
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2018, 05:30 PM

Oh, dear Gummy. Now let me see, dingo dollars 56.48 Pound sterling, or
63.21 Euro. Not that bad.

You wanted this Gummy Bear.

gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

22-07-2018, 05:58 PM

superb SP - you come through everytime a winner - match that Jem!
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

22-07-2018, 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
superb SP - you come through everytime a winner - match that Jem!
OIY!!!! Get to bed you, it is 2am with you.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

22-07-2018, 08:08 PM

I was looking at this.

Softly, I will leave you softly
For my heart would break if you should wake and see me go
So I leave you softly, long before you miss me
Long before your arms can beg me stay
For one more hour or one more day
After all the years, I can't bear the tears to fall
So, softly as I leave you there
(Softly, long before you kiss me)
(Long before your arms can beg me stay)
(For one more hour) or one more day
After all the years, I can't bear the tears to fall
So, softly as I leave you there
As I leave I you there
As I leave I you there
Songwriters: Antonio De Vita / Hal Shaper

Then I found this.
http://legendsrevealed.com/entertain...-his-deathbed/
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2018, 09:05 PM

Oh my love
I have cursed the stars above
That lead my heart to you
But as hard as I try
Still my love will not die
And the stars still shine on through
And the stars still shine on through

Oh my dear
Now this ship's too hard to steer
The tide has turned, turned on you
I have been through the lies
That I've seen in your eyes
But the truth still shines on through
But the truth it still shines, shines on through

So shine, shine on through the days we have to fill
Though we took our love so daringly
And gave it up uncaringly
There are feelings left not even we can kill

Oh my friend
So at last we reach the end
The lights go down on cue
I have wasted my time
But it tasted oh so fine
That my love still shines, shines on through
And my love still shines, shines on you

Page 842 of 1676 « First < 342 742 792 832 840 841 842 843 844 852 892 942 1342 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top