Join for free
Page 843 of 1676 « First < 343 743 793 833 841 842 843 844 845 853 893 943 1343 > Last »
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2018, 09:29 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

We’re all on a love kick today.

I find that hard to believe Sweetie, I just couldn’t imagine a fella picking up pen and paper and writing a song if he was on his last few gasps, and how did he get his composing piano into the bed? , still it’s a lovely song.

Tough luck about the jelopy Gummy, I’d imagine a car is essential where you live, looks like you’ll just have to smile and cough up.

Anyone of my generation will remember that old expression “He who dips his wick must pay for the oil”
I watched an old film “The Witchfinder General” earlier, I was wondering what Matthew Hopkins would have on his tombstone when suddenly it came to me in a flash. Witches were treated like cream crackers I’m them days, they got dunked three times to soften them up.

Here lies Matthew Hopkins Witchfinder General.
“For He who dips his Witch must lay in the soil”
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2018, 09:53 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M62SnbNizIM

Here we are.

Bricks Gummy???

Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2018, 10:22 PM

Zippy! Gawd Spitty I thought we were on a roll for love stuff.
What do I get Zippy.
I saw you posted earlier.
You just don't want to get trapped.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2018, 11:16 PM

I did wait for you Gummy Bear.
But I am so tired.
Good Night Possums.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2018, 01:57 AM

Ok you funny bunnies not an ounce of romance left in ya tired and gnarled bodies [ with the exception of Sweetie Pie.] Now I am about to try an experiment that may not work but as Jem as STILL not mastered the art of posting utubes I am trying to help him too!

No that one didn't work - it's an embedding thingo - but the rule here Jem as me old grandpoppy used to say ' if you don't succeed at first try and tray again" - I would translate that into oirish but somehow I misplaced me aer lingus lingaphone!!

no stay with me stay with me - second try!

yes it worked!! - no Jem you stick with the first set of instructions and we'll take this slowly!

this IMO is the best rendering [no bricks intended spits] of the song - elvis did it and as usual overdid it spread it all with sugar and spice and maple syrup and fecked it up - frank sinatra also did it BUT IMO again - well I always thought that our own Mat Munro was a better singer than frankie boy.

the song and its meaning - universally transferable and I could have sung that a few times in my younger days as I greeted the dawn looked around and said " where the feck am I again?"
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2018, 02:29 AM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
I was looking at this.

Softly, I will leave you softly
For my heart would break if you should wake and see me go
So I leave you softly, long before you miss me
Long before your arms can beg me stay
For one more hour or one more day
After all the years, I can't bear the tears to fall
So, softly as I leave you there
(Softly, long before you kiss me)
(Long before your arms can beg me stay)
(For one more hour) or one more day
After all the years, I can't bear the tears to fall
So, softly as I leave you there
As I leave I you there
As I leave I you there
Songwriters: Antonio De Vita / Hal Shaper

Then I found this.
http://legendsrevealed.com/entertain...-his-deathbed/
yep that's old elvis for ya - fecked up the song and his life - can you imagine became a legion and died a broken man addicted to drugs. that mans life went down hill after his wife left him. Watch the Joanna Lumely doco of her visiting elvis's gracelands and touring it with elvis's wife and the stories she tells - fascinating. Sweetie Pie a drum roll please for the romantic years!! at least pug knew how to romance a lady didn't he?
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

23-07-2018, 02:31 AM

deleted
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2018, 06:52 AM

Mr G: Oh deary me, deary deary me! SP! SP! Come up stairs. [He looks around the edge of the stage.] Where's my wife SP?
[SP enters carrying a big wooden spoon. Mr G is facing the other way so SP comes up behind him and wacks him on the head to get his attention.]
SP: Mr G. What is it? What do you want? [Knocks Mr G down] Why aren't you helping with the housework? [Mr G motions to the audience. SP looks around surprised.]
Oh hello everybody I'm Mr G's wife SP. How do you do? Very nice to meet you. [Bows and waves.]
Mr G: SP how 'bout a kiss? Kissy! kissy! kissy! [Mr G walks towards SP waving his arms to embace her.]
SP: [Pushing him backwards.] No Mr G you can't have a kiss.
[This is repeated a couple of times.]
Mr G: Oh please!
SP: Oh alright then. [She puts her spoon down.] But first I must blow my nose. [She picks up her apron and blows her nose very loudly and for a long time. They then kiss in an exaggerated manner, flapping their arms and spinning around in circles. Suddenly they part and Mr G looks out to the audience. SP grabs her spoon and hits Mr G over the head.
SP: That's enough Mr G, besides you've got a headache. Now Mr G I’m going downstairs to make supper and look after the ... [Baby cries] Oh listen to that. [Baby cries] Look Mr G now you’ve gone and woken the baby. [Hits Mr G on the head and disappears below leaving Mr G rubbing his head. ]
Mr G: What a beauty! What a pretty wife!

spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

23-07-2018, 06:54 AM

Romance, yeah?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

23-07-2018, 07:03 AM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Zippy! Gawd Spitty I thought we were on a roll for love stuff.
What do I get Zippy.
I saw you posted earlier.
You just don't want to get trapped.

Don't call me Zippy, I'm Geoffrey.

I wonder who Zippy is, errrrrmmmmm.

Page 843 of 1676 « First < 343 743 793 833 841 842 843 844 845 853 893 943 1343 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top