Join for free
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2017, 01:29 PM

Re: Cheapest PAYG Mobile? 1p

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
Thanks Julie, you are a star, I will certainly do that, I have had a gander at the website provided by Realist, (thanks) so I am going to give it a go....to boldly go (or go boldly) where no Rehab has gone before
It's a conspiracy...I tell thee.....a conspiracy to get you all following conspiracy head shed Realist
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2017, 03:53 PM

I bought a phone 4 yrs ago from vodaphone think it was 50 quid . I don't use data so it's permanently switched off so when home or at a friends I use WiFi . I pay £8.50 per month and get 600 minutes talk time which I hardly use and unlimited texts .

I'm happy with it , but must admit to not being savvy with phones etc
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2017, 04:02 PM

I spent years with mine turned off saying I didn't need a smart phone, inherited one my husband couldn't figure out and I don't been amazed how useful it is.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2017, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
3 are the nearest in costs....but 3 have a lower minimum top-up(£5)and no time limit.

Yeah I tried Three before I stumbled on 1pMobile. I could barely get a signal from the Three network, and I remember having the same problem many years ago when I tried a Mobile Broadband dongle from them. It was just useless and it seems little has changed.

Aside from that Three charge 100% more per text than 1pMobile and 200% more for calls so a bit of a no-brainer TBH.

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
As for contracts...you cannot state they are a rip off, without looking foolish.....some contracts suit some users some don't.

Personal choice is just that, a choice.
No right or wrong, no good or bad.
For sure. There will always be people wanting to spunk away tons of money on monthly contracts. It's a free world and I'm happy for them to have that choice. Those that do though best not be whinging about poverty and taxes and the like though !
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2017, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Looking at that I'm not sure it would be cheaper than my family contract with BT we were just saying the other day with number of texts and data we use between us we couldn't do it without a contract.

It's only £40 a month

OMG seriously ?

That's a whopping £480 per year !!!

and we get our 4 handsets, huge data allowance think it's 10g, 2000 texts
Whereas with 1pMobile, 2000 texts costing just 1p each would cost just £20 !

and that's just our mobile phones, we get home phone with caller display too.
Ok having the landline incorporated changes things but only a little. If you worked on a rough £15 per month for an average BT landline rental charge that would be £180.

You're still paying £300 over and above that.

It's a good deal for anyone using payg but it's worth looking at contracts too if you want to use a smart phone effectively.
I don't use a smart phone and am unlikely to do so despite being an IT geek and computer enthusiast. I use a phone for communicating, texting and very occasional calls.
I use a computer for surfing the internet.

Mobile contracts are for me, one of the areas people can compromise on in order to save themselves a lot of money which could instead go towards paying off their mortgages and other debts.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2017, 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Yeah I tried Three before I stumbled on 1pMobile. I could barely get a signal from the Three network, and I remember having the same problem many years ago when I tried a Mobile Broadband dongle from them. It was just useless and it seems little has changed.

Aside from that Three charge 100% more per text than 1pMobile and 200% more for calls so a bit of a no-brainer TBH.

For sure. There will always be people wanting to spunk away tons of money on monthly contracts. It's a free world and I'm happy for them to have that choice. Those that do though best not be whinging about poverty and taxes and the like though !
This is when your post's lose my interest.

They're interesting until you add the aloof attitude.
It's a shame, really.

I went with 3 because of their very cheap rates when abroad....nothing at that time(march 2016) compared.

Horses for courses.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2017, 09:11 PM

Well we paid our mortgage off and have no debts so the sneery attitude is wasted here. I'll continue to fight for the low paid and those on benefit as they need help not because I do.
Dobra
Isle of Wight GB
Dobra is male  Dobra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2017, 08:25 AM

Thanks for the info Realist. Like you, I only use a moby for calls, using computers for all else. My smartphone is a dumb phone.
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2017, 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
Mmmm, that sounds like a good deal Realist, I am reluctant to change due to the hassle of having a new phone number.
When leaving who ever your are with ask for a pac code.

http://www.paccodes.co.uk/
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

10-07-2017, 09:32 AM

I must be a bit odd I like changing my number, then I can start again only giving it to people I think need it. Must have changed mine every couple of years since I first got one.

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top