Join for free
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2018, 06:25 AM

A lovely week end.

Some friends - from Goring on Thames, Reading - were here for the weekend and we have had a fun!

Saturday
we went to Farndale to do the 'Daffodil Walk'. This is normally a pleasant three and a half mile stroll along the banks of the river Dove with only a couple of fairly steep bits - but - after all the recent rain - we were ankle deep in mud and had great difficulty staying upright in some places. Made it to the 'Daffy Cafe' - a tiny cottage cafe half way along the walk - serves the most delicious bacon sandwiches - just the thing to set you up for the second half of the walk. Enjoyed our tea and sandwiches in the garden, joined by a few cheeky chaffinches.

Sunday we went to Pickering as I had some books to sell. We had coffee and danish pastries in Coupland's and had a good look round before heading for the bookshop - made enough on my books to pay for our lunch! On to Helmsley - lunch in Scott's - best fish'n'chips in the county and then did a raid on the deli that Summer mentioned in another thread - Wensleydale cheese, Lincolnshire poacher cheese, and Jersey butter - yummy! On the way back to the car we stopped at a little bakery - just had to buy a treacle tart and some delicious wholemeal bread!

Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2018, 07:41 AM

Re: A lovely week end.

So, non stop feasting then Tabs, sounds like that's my kind of weekend...
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2018, 07:54 AM

What's that!

Sausage, Bacon & Egg in a Bun £4.50 that sounds a lot to me, but I bet its lovely and tasty.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2018, 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
So, non stop feasting then Tabs, sounds like that's my kind of weekend...
Well - all that walking - needed fuel - that's my story and I am sticking to it!

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
What's that!

Sausage, Bacon & Egg in a Bun £4.50 that sounds a lot to me, but I bet its lovely and tasty.
You should see the size of it!
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2018, 08:50 AM

Sounds lovely tabs especially the name of the cafe The Daffy Cafe...love it. That deli is lovely isn't it...glad you enjoyed your fish n chips
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2018, 08:56 AM

ST sounds like my kind of W/E except for the mud, I have had enough of that thanks .
There is something magical about acres of daffodils (or bluebells) and of course the scent.

I love Wenslydale cheese with a nice crisp apple yum .
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2018, 09:48 AM

Sounds like a lovely weekend. Mine was boring compared to yours. Still, I enjoyed my me time and not having to work. Could do with going where you went today as it's a lovely day but work calls .
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2018, 11:47 AM

It sounds like you enjoyed yourself We had a similar weekend of nice food and walks on the beach, and an evening drink with music playing.. You have to pamper yourselves to keep alive and kicking!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top