Join for free
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2018, 12:48 PM

Google MEI Folders

I noticed that Privazer was taking longer than usual to complete a standard clean-up (normally 10 minutes) so I had a look at what was taking so much time.

It turned out to be the contents of C:\Users\myname\AppData\Local\Temp\_MEI83642 - thousands of files.

Investigation revealed that if you exit Google Drive by right-clicking the Google Drive icon in your Windows notification area, and selecting Exit, then Google Drive shuts down properly and correctly deletes the _MEIxxx folder.

Unfortunately, it leaves the folder behind if you leave Google Drive running when you log out of or shut down.

I have yet to verify this but it sounds plausible.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2018, 03:58 PM

Re: Google MEI Folders

This is a long standing issue with Google Drive it seems from a bit of casual surfing.

They allegedly did a fix for it in version 1.16 but that was some time ago I think. Check your version.

Your options aside from that are:

1. Always Quit Google Drive manually rather than just shutting Windows down

2. Created a script that runs at logon as a scheduled task thus:

cleanupMEItemp.cmd
for /f %%i in ('dir /A:d /b %temp%\_mei*') do rd %temp%\%%i /s /q

GL
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2018, 04:51 PM

Re: Google MEI Folders

Originally Posted by Realist ->
This is a long standing issue with Google Drive it seems from a bit of casual surfing.

They allegedly did a fix for it in version 1.16 but that was some time ago I think. Check your version.

Your options aside from that are:

1. Always Quit Google Drive manually rather than just shutting Windows down

2. Created a script that runs at logon as a scheduled task thus:

cleanupMEItemp.cmd
for /f %%i in ('dir /A:d /b %temp%\_mei*') do rd %temp%\%%i /s /q

GL
I have adopted No. 1. .....

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top