Join for free
Page 2 of 50 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2018, 06:05 PM

Re: Brexit and the EU

Originally Posted by Flicker ->
No one is playing you for anything except the Brexit Brotherhood who are set to make fortunes when your economy goes tits up. They did it when the pound tanked and they will do it again when your economy tanks.
Two people made a promise of No Border to Ireland. The UK and the EU.
and you should have thought of this when you arrogantly thumbed your nose at the EU as you are still doing. What did you think would happen???

How can you destroy what will be left of your economy? Why should the Irish want to work in the UK when they can work in 26 other countries??

Ireland won't be partitioned. It will trade out of Cork and directly into the EU, bypassing the UK. The routes have already been set up.

I detect a note of desperation SF.
Hi

No desperation, just resolve.

Varadkar can get stuffed, if there is to be a Hard Border in NI it will be entirely down to him.

No more Common Travel Area, 500,000 Irish workers here in the UK needing Visas to work and remain here.

Time Critical Irish Exports ruined because of extra Transport Time going by sea around the UK instead of driving across.

The end of Irish Dublin Bay Prawns, Irish Mushroom Farms are already closing because of the £ Euro slump.

If the UK goes to WTO Rules, Irish Beef and Dairy will be wiped out.

Think before you post.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2018, 06:13 PM

I think most people can live without Dublin Bay Prawns and Irish mushrooms .
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2018, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Hi

Yes we can, they are however major exports from Ireland.

We do need to understand the Irish View of Brexit.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a8420581.html

Time we made it clear to Varadkar as well.

I have no wish for a fight, but I will not be bullied.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2018, 12:41 AM

My cousin sent me this picture:

AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2018, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->

It was always going to hurt short term, we can live with that.
No we can't live with that. People with little money struggle as it is. Why would a country want to shoot its economy in the head? How are we going to borrow money if we are a third world country? Moody's are already grumbling again. Theresa May has an impossible task because brexit is a dog's breakfast to start with.

The politicians pushing for a hard brexit don't have to worry about money. Or their brains have been infiltrated by aliens. One or t'other.

Let's face it, nobody knows what they are doing because the whole thing is a complicated mess.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2018, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
My cousin sent me this picture:

Exactly so, but some people just don't seem to get it! It's great for british government that they can use the EU as an excuse for their own failings.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

30-06-2018, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Most people don't understand the underlying complex relationships between countries.

For example I read there's a carbon dioxide shortage which may affect our meat supply because some animals are stunned with devices using carbon dioxide. Normally we'd just go to Europe to buy some but the extent of the shortage shows just how reliant we are on other countries. Did anyone even know about ammonia and carbon dioxide and it's use in the food industry? Because I didn't and it's things like this that we take for granted that are at risk through poor brexit planning.

We are reliant on things running smoothly but all those things are reliant on guaranteed supplies. There's so much the average person in the street doesn't know about. Who knows where half the raw materials we use to keep things running come from. This is basic stuff like electricity, water, food, logistics etc. Manufacturing gets even more complex.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...xide-shortage/
twizzle
somerset
twizzle is female  twizzle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2018, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi
It was always going to hurt short term, we can live with that.
You can live with it because you are cushioned by that £30k a year pension. Others with very little are going to suffer and struggle. You are willing to sacrifice their well being to your inaccurate ideas on self-determination.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

30-06-2018, 01:40 PM

A 30k pension won't be worth much either if sterling devalues and inflation rockets.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2018, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
A 30k pension won't be worth much either if sterling devalues and inflation rockets.
That is why I am still working to get as much as I can under the mattress.

Page 2 of 50 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top