Join for free
Page 6 of 50 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 16 > Last »
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2018, 01:32 PM

Re: Brexit and the EU

Resigned to UK becoming a colony.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2018, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I must admit to self interest in my views about accepting a Canada style deal.

Financial Services are not a big thing in Rural North Shropshire, much more a London and South East thing.

We do however export vast amounts of stuff to the EU, so a Canada Deal, which is Tariff Free, would secure local jobs.

The foodstuffs are fresh and there is no market for them here in the UK.
Financial services are also big news in Edinburgh, Belfast, Glasgow, Bristol, Manchester and Birmingham.

1.7milllion FS jobs are outside London. Far more than in London.

Only about 100,000 people line in North Shropshire so it's not a good idea to base our Brexit policy on what happens in that particular backwater.

I'm sure the farmland used to produce food we don't eat could be re-wilded and the workers offered other employment.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2018, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
Financial services are also big news in Edinburgh, Belfast, Glasgow, Bristol, Manchester and Birmingham.

Only about 100,000 people line in North Shropshire so it's not a good idea to base our Brexit policy on what happens in that particular backwater.

I'm sure the farmland used to produce food we don't eat could be re-wilded and the workers offered other employment.
Let them eat cake, is that what you mean?
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2018, 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Let them eat cake, is that what you mean?
I see you miss the point, as usual !
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2018, 08:55 PM

I see you miss the point, as usual !
Au contraire old bean I am bang on the head of the nail.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2018, 08:59 PM

More like you've been banged on the head at some point......
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2018, 05:57 AM

Hi

The object of the exercise is to leave the EU and develop Free Trade Deals with the rest of the World.

The Canada style deal is what we are hoping to negotiate with the rest of the World, so why should we just not take it and minimise the effect that Brexit has.

No deal is just self flagellation, something I am not into.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2018, 02:18 PM

https://www.theguardian.com/books/20...britain-status

Moscow
Scotland

15-07-2018, 11:50 AM

You not only miss the point, mon petit filous, but you fail to understand that the perogative of deciding whether you have interpreted my post correctly is mine and mine alone. ..... And you failed miserably !!
Moscow
Scotland

15-07-2018, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

The object of the exercise is to leave the EU and develop Free Trade Deals with the rest of the World.

The Canada style deal is what we are hoping to negotiate with the rest of the World, so why should we just not take it and minimise the effect that Brexit has.

No deal is just self flagellation, something I am not into.

Brexit, if done as it should be done, would be a massive boon for the UK so why would you want to minimise that effect........Only a Remainer talks that sort of shite!

Page 6 of 50 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 16 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top