Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2018, 09:33 AM

Re: Compromise.

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
it's starting to go off track!!!!
Quelle surprise!...come on Folks..read the OP.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2018, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by May ->
Quelle surprise!...come on Folks..read the OP.
What about your goodself May, do you have one, the more the merrier even if you dont care either way.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2018, 09:48 AM

Sorry Nom,I just don't have an opinion because I haven't a clue what Brexit is really all about...will it be good for Us or bad..How can We know until it happens?..All I know is the Government is floundering about like fish out of water and fighting amongst Themselves which makes Me feel very uneasy about the future of Our Country..can't say any more than that.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2018, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by May ->
Sorry Nom,I just don't have an opinion because I haven't a clue what Brexit is really all about...will it be good for Us or bad..How can We know until it happens?..All I know is the Government is floundering about like fish out of water and fighting amongst Themselves which makes Me feel very uneasy about the future of Our Country..can't say any more than that.
Im sure you are not alone, no need to be sorry its a fair opinion.
twizzle
somerset
twizzle is female  twizzle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2018, 06:19 PM

I don't really see how there can be a compromise if you are a Remainer. Any option that involves the UK leaving isn't really a compromise if you want to stay in, is it? I wouldn't compromise on leaving in any form.

The least appalling option would be one that let us stay in the single market, customs unuion and ECJ but for me that would just be a temporary measure while working towards getting back in.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2018, 08:56 PM

I'd like to turn this around, if I may.

Assuming that the majority of Brits want to leave the EU, and that many assure us that the EU are happy for us to leave, why is there a need for any compromise?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2018, 09:00 PM

OK, I can see that some will object to my last post, so how about this compromise?

The EU agrees not to apply any tariffs on our exports and we reciprocate by agreeing not to apply any tariffs on their exports.

Alternatively, replace 'exports' in each case with 'imports'.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top