Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2018, 05:56 AM

A Big Day

Hi

Today we release our White Paper on what we want from the EU.

It will no doubt be met with howls from both sides.

The EU will not be happy with it, it causes them all sorts of problems and our rabid Brexiteers will no doubt see it as a betrayal.

If it is not accepted then it means either a Canada Deal or No Deal.

Both of these will inevitably mean a Hard Border in Northern Ireland.

I find this very sad.

There will inevitably be a huge clamour for a No Deal, which I personally think is wrong.

A Canada type deal is what we will be negotiating with the rest of the World, so why not just take it?

It abolishes 98% of Tariffs, so gives our exporters a chance.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2018, 07:14 AM

Re: A Big Day

The referendum was 2 years ago. Any decent PM would have had us out of there by now! Love her or hate her Margaret Thatcher would not have shilly shallied about in this stupid fashion.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2018, 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
The referendum was 2 years ago. Any decent PM would have had us out of there by now! Love her or hate her Margaret Thatcher would not have shilly shallied about in this stupid fashion.
She would never have sanctioned a referendum in the first place and certainly not one with no plan B. Instead of running off and leaving she went in and used British influence to tell them what she wanted.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2018, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->

There was no way to legally leave the EU until 2007 at the Lisbon Treaty. Why agree to something that they would not allow to happen, or were they so convinced no member country would ever have a referendum?
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2018, 10:27 AM

Well said ST, It appears that although it has been 2 years, those of us who voted to leave can see clearly now why nothing was ever achieved in all that time. May is a Remainer through and through. She has played the voters by stretching out the time so it has come to this, exactly what she wanted from the beginning, the vested interests of British big businesses to remain tied to the EU whilst pretending to be the torchbearer for the 17.4 million who successfully voted to leave. She has obviously been aiming for a Hotel California Brexit all along.(you can check out but you can never leave!).

I am especially disgusted with her two latest escapades.. The first that she went cap in hand to see Mrs Merkel to disclose and discuss her white paper before even presenting it to her cabinet at Chequers. Even prior to the meeting, when one of her cabinet suggested a change to one of the points in the paper, her reply was “No, we cannot change it because it has already been approved by Mrs Merkel”. That says it all for me. Our Prime Minister is, and seems to have always been, in the pocket of the EU.

The second was the disgraceful way Brexit Ministers were treated at Chequers. To disrespectfully have their phones taken from them as they entered Chequers, Taxi cards blatantly placed on the table solely for their benefit, threats that if, after reading the white paper, they walked, they could walk the two miles to the entrance to Chequers where the media were in waiting and catch a taxi, as their ministerial cars would be removed! plus, they were informed (no doubt by her Rasputin chief adviser, Olly Robbins), that, if they resigned, there were plenty of MP’s waiting in line to fill their shoes.

I don’t know whether she thought she had it in the bag by Saturday morning, but she should think again. For 2 years Leave voters have been the “silent majority”, taking every form of abuse for wanting and then winning the democratic right to regain our long lost independence.
We rightly then expected our Prime Minister to duly deliver on her manifesto promise to leave with all red lines intact. We should have known better.

Posters on here may make every excuse on the planet to excuse her treachery. I certainly will not. She puts on the airs of being a Christian, Church-going, trustworthy Leader but, I now hold her in even less esteem than odious Tony Blair. (and I loathe him!).

All I can do now is hope that the Tory rebels will successfully sabotage her treacherous white paper. Even better, kick her out! As far as I am concerned,she has demeaned her office.
We have been utterly betrayed.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2018, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Well said ST, It appears that although it has been 2 years, those of us who voted to leave can see clearly now why nothing was ever achieved in all that time. May is a Remainer through and through. She has played the voters by stretching out the time so it has come to this, exactly what she wanted from the beginning, the vested interests of British big businesses to remain tied to the EU whilst pretending to be the torchbearer for the 17.4 million who successfully voted to leave. She has obviously been aiming for a Hotel California Brexit all along.(you can check out but you can never leave!).

I am especially disgusted with her two latest escapades.. The first that she went cap in hand to see Mrs Merkel to disclose and discuss her white paper before even presenting it to her cabinet at Chequers. Even prior to the meeting, when one of her cabinet suggested a change to one of the points in the paper, her reply was “No, we cannot change it because it has already been approved by Mrs Merkel”. That says it all for me. Our Prime Minister is, and seems to have always been, in the pocket of the EU.

The second was the disgraceful way Brexit Ministers were treated at Chequers. To disrespectfully have their phones taken from them as they entered Chequers, Taxi cards blatantly placed on the table solely for their benefit, threats that if, after reading the white paper, they walked, they could walk the two miles to the entrance to Chequers where the media were in waiting and catch a taxi, as their ministerial cars would be removed! plus, they were informed (no doubt by her Rasputin chief adviser, Olly Robbins), that, if they resigned, there were plenty of MP’s waiting in line to fill their shoes.

I don’t know whether she thought she had it in the bag by Saturday morning, but she should think again. For 2 years Leave voters have been the “silent majority”, taking every form of abuse for wanting and then winning the democratic right to regain our long lost independence.
We rightly then expected our Prime Minister to duly deliver on her manifesto promise to leave with all red lines intact. We should have known better.

Posters on here may make every excuse on the planet to excuse her treachery. I certainly will not. She puts on the airs of being a Christian, Church-going, trustworthy Leader but, I now hold her in even less esteem than odious Tony Blair. (and I loathe him!).

All I can do now is hope that the Tory rebels will successfully sabotage her treacherous white paper. Even better, kick her out! As far as I am concerned,she has demeaned her office.

I look forward to reading your common sense, and well reasoned posts.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2018, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->

Excellent post !
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2018, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
The EU will not be happy with it, it causes them all sorts of problems and our rabid Brexiteers will no doubt see it as a betrayal.

If it is not accepted then it means either a Canada Deal or No Deal.

Both of these will inevitably mean a Hard Border in Northern Ireland.

I find this very sad.
Swim, a No Deal is the only way the politicians and business moguls are going to take things seriously. It needs to happen.

Once it does, THEN and only then will they actually devote their efforts to making things work. Until then it's all doom and propaganda.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2018, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Swim, a No Deal is the only way the politicians and business moguls are going to take things seriously. It needs to happen.

Once it does, THEN and only then will they actually devote their efforts to making things work. Until then it's all doom and propaganda.
Hi

You may well be right.

I am getting quite despondent at the moment.

Given the way our Politicians have handled Brexit so far I simply cannot see them doing any better once we have left.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

12-07-2018, 06:41 PM

Hi

The No Deal faction may well get their wish.

France is objecting to the UK collecting EU Tariffs.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top