Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2018, 10:51 AM

Re: Dog Prams

My friend has a dog pram. She had 2 elderly Lhasa Apsos and an 8 year old Goldie, the Goldie obviously needing more exercise than the wee dogs.

She would drive down to the local lake and walk all 3 dogs round once (took about 30 minutes for that 1 lap because the wee dogs were slow) then she'd go back to the car and put the Lhasos in the pram and walk the Goldie round for another couple of laps (only takes 15 minutes per lap at normal walking pace) with the Lhasos quite happily bumping along in the pram.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2018, 11:02 AM

I see these prams about occasionally too.

I think the only time I might be tempted to use one is if my dog was recovering from surgery and I wanted to give her a 'change of scene' to cheer her up. Or possibly if the dog was very old and frail.

I'd certainly never use one enough to warrant buying one though, as I can stick mine in the car and go wherever we want.

If these contraptions are bought merely to encourage some owners to indulge perfectly healthy, but pampered pets, then the owner must have more money then sense and isn't doing the dog any favours.

A dear friend of mine who died, used to have 5 dogs. Two German Shepherds, two Pyrenean Sheepdogs, and a little long coat Chihuahua.

My friend lived in the highlands of Scotland and the little Chihuahua went on all the same hilly, long walks as the big dogs. She even did a 10m mararthon with him once. He was as fit as a flea, well muscled and a tough little cookie, who loved his adventures.

Little dogs can be just as capable of a normal life as any other dog. Don't make them into invalids is my advice.
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2018, 11:21 AM

When the smaller dogs are fit and healthy then yes, there's no reason to baby them.

But my friend's dogs weren't (both had liver and kidney disease) and they didn't appreciate being left at home or in the car while she exercised the big dog so for her the pram solved that problem.
Panda
Dorset/Europe
Panda is female 

12-07-2018, 04:28 PM

In the past I had a dog buggy for our little elderly dog who loved going out but due to arthritis she couldn't walk far. When I said walkies she got really excited especially when her buggy came out. It gave her another year of being with us when we were out.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2018, 04:28 PM

Animals like us are living longer and are subject to the same old age ailments.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2018, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
The world has gone mad!
Completely. A dog isn't a human and should never in a million years be treated like one.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2018, 08:18 PM

I would never put my dog's in a pram,..only if they were disabled or very elderly,my friend had one,for her 15yr old terrier,who couldn't walk far.
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2018, 08:41 PM

When I was about 13/14 a woman around the corner to us used to push her 2 Pekingnese dogs in her shopping trolley.I never dared ask her why she did this
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2018, 11:04 PM

We have a lady in the village with a Yorkie, he sits at her feet while she drives her mobility scooter about. He runs about in the park then hops back on her scooter to go hone..
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2018, 08:00 AM

clever dog!

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top