Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2018, 12:55 PM

Re: British aircraft banned from flying over Ireland

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I would love to see a peaceful united Ireland, Missy, but cannot see how it would work. Would the six counties agree to join EU like Eire - or - would Eire agree to leave the EU dictatorship?
I don’t know

I worked for IPSOS MORI in the lead up to the referendum canvassing North Antrim and Londonderry and the majority were saying they wanted brexit and no hard border

Belfast however as you know voted remain and so made it a majority remain vote.

I don’t know how they voted on the border question

The people I questioned all seemed to be accepting that we were heading towards a United Ireland. Although of course it doesn’t mean they all want it but they know it’s coming

That was the same for both communities.

We can’t unite over night. There’s the question of pensions , government workers, healthcare , social security to be worked out.

That’s before we get the DUP to even entertain the idea

Trouble is people blindly vote DUP not really wanting them. They don’t represent modern NI. I think a United Ireland will come but not in my lifetime but hopefully in my grandkids. It’s the younger generation that are beginning to question why we are still so repressed here. The youngsters are finding their voices and there is a slight shift towards SF
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2018, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Will this mean that the Irish Government will ground Ryanair too ???
They'll have to. There'll be nowhere for them to fly if we reciprocate.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2018, 12:58 PM

Has he thought this thing through? Surely Irish airlines would be the main losers as it would seem infinitely simpler for British aircraft to avoid overflying Ireland than it would be for Irish aircraft to avoid overflying Britain when we reciprocate .
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2018, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by Missy ->
It’s the younger generation that are beginning to question why we are still so repressed here. The youngsters are finding their voices and there is a slight shift towards SF
In what way are you being repressed?
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2018, 01:51 PM

I don’t know

I worked for IPSOS MORI in the lead up to the referendum canvassing North Antrim and Londonderry and the majority were saying they wanted brexit and no hard border

Belfast however as you know voted remain and so made it a majority remain vote.

I don’t know how they voted on the border question

The people I questioned all seemed to be accepting that we were heading towards a United Ireland. Although of course it doesn’t mean they all want it but they know it’s coming

That was the same for both communities.

We can’t unite over night. There’s the question of pensions , government workers, healthcare , social security to be worked out.

That’s before we get the DUP to even entertain the idea

Trouble is people blindly vote DUP not really wanting them. They don’t represent modern NI. I think a United Ireland will come but not in my lifetime but hopefully in my grandkids. It’s the younger generation that are beginning to question why we are still so repressed here. The youngsters are finding their voices and there is a slight shift towards SF

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iickNtK5Ivw
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2018, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
In what way are you being repressed?
We don't have the same freedoms you enjoy, for example

We don't have gay marriage

We don't allow abortion, and even if it is granted women have to travel to either Eire or GB

We still have severe censorship, plays and films that are deemed sacrilege are banned
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

20-07-2018, 04:38 PM

We don't have the same freedoms you enjoy, for example

We don't have gay marriage

We don't allow abortion, and even if it is granted women have to travel to either Eire or GB

We still have severe censorship, plays and films that are deemed sacrilege are banned
I wasn't aware of any of that.
The former is of complete indifference to me, of course, but the others seem rather backward and, presumably, are due to the influence of the Roman Catholics, even though Protestants are in the majority (I think). That sounds rather unfair.

Still, at least you (not you personally!) can come to Britain for an abortion, but how strange that Eire, a majority Catholic country, will permit them!

Censorship, too, I suppose is not insurmountable as they can't censor the internet, can they? Or maybe they can! I don't know.

Perhaps these restrictions are imposed by your government and, as we all know, governments are 'here today, gone tomorrow', so you never know!
Bruv
Kent UK
Bruv is male  Bruv has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2018, 04:49 PM

Doesn't take long to find out the facts about flying rights.

Freedoms of the air
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2018, 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by Bruv ->
Doesn't take long to find out the facts about flying rights.

Freedoms of the air
Good link Bruv.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2018, 06:05 PM

Hi

I simply do not understand Varadkar.

He is in Cloud Cuckoo Land, same as JRM and Boris.

The World simply does not work like that.

We cannot threaten the EU, Ireland cannot threaten us.

The biggest Economy always wins.

I will not be blackmailed by Varadkar, we have a much bigger stick.

We should tell him to Swan off.

If he persists, we abolish the Common Travel Area, and that is the end of Ireland.

I do not want a Hard Border, I do not want a return to the Troubles.

His choice, not ours.

I want Ireland to live in Peace, not to have it's economy destroyed.

I want no more Terrorist Attacks on innocents.

His choice , not ours.

I will not be blackmailed.

I like the Irish, I wish them no ill will at all.

I have picked up too many body parts of innocents, I have no wish to impose that on others.

Time for the Irish to get rid of him and get real.

There is a solution, but not with him playing silly buggas.

I want a free and open Border in Ireland.

He is the problem, not us.

It is a solvable problem.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top