Join for free
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2018, 09:09 PM

What a Night & Day

What a terrible night,last night was.I was hot & couldnt sleep,couldnt breathe,I think I dozed a bit on & off,but by 5am I knew I was going to need help.I didnt want to disturb my son too early so I managed ,with help from my inhalers,to wait till 7am,then rang 999,a very nice operator took details,she said she could hear the problem I was having & I was to stay on the line untill someone came, they were very close to me & would be there soon.Within minutes a lovely paramedic lady was with me,& was taking my vital details when 2 ambulance crew arrived,after checking me out & giving me a dose on the nebulizer it was decided to take me to Hospital,They werent very busy there & soon after arrival I was seen by a Dr ,who took more blood from my wrist [ painful ]& sent it for testing,promising to see me again to decide if I could go home or not.By 3pm results hadnt come back & I was tired /fed up ,in tears,then good news,results back I could go home,within half hour an ambulance transport was ready to bring me home,Dr & extra nebulizer dose never materialised & no discharge letter given to meThe hospital staff were good, about 9am I was offered breakfast & had cornflakes & tea,about 1pm an egg mayo s/wich& coffee,I was móved twice ,then to a waiting room to await coming home.I hope to have a better night tonight ,but it is still hot & humid
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2018, 09:24 PM

Re: What a Night & Day

how are you legs now Deylon? x
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2018, 09:35 PM

My legs are still swollen & painful.I asked hospital Dr if they will go down,he said they will but I need to increase my water tablet.I said I was on 40 when I came out of hospital last time but somehow it got put down to 20,so this is something else Ive got to sort out as well as my breathing.Why oh Why cant things run smoothly
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2018, 10:51 PM

I hope you are ok? Deylon.

Yes, blood being taken from the wrist is very painful, probably as too near to the bone.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top