Join for free
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2012, 11:17 AM

Great American Songbook.

While on holiday in Yorkshire we were having a mid-morning coffee at a seafront cafe in Whitby. Next to us was a children's roundabout and the owner was playing music; not the usual raucous noise but the sweet melodic music that was around when I was young. I went and asked the man what he was playing and it turned out to be "The Great American Songbook" by Rod Stewart. Since getting back home I've bought two volumes of this from e-bay costing just £3.77 with postage. It is sheer delight to listen to the great songs of yesteryear.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2013, 02:42 PM

Re: Great American Songbook.

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
While on holiday in Yorkshire we were having a mid-morning coffee at a seafront cafe in Whitby. Next to us was a children's roundabout and the owner was playing music; not the usual raucous noise but the sweet melodic music that was around when I was young. I went and asked the man what he was playing and it turned out to be "The Great American Songbook" by Rod Stewart. Since getting back home I've bought two volumes of this from e-bay costing just £3.77 with postage. It is sheer delight to listen to the great songs of yesteryear.
It is, and he does a good version of these songs..timeless songs that 'will' go on forever.....
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2013, 05:37 PM

Re: Great American Songbook.

Funnily enough was telling my son (born '83) the other night about the Falklands conflict and how when all the ships returned they played Stewart's 'I am sailing' even now just remembering brings me goose bumps.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top