Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2015, 09:51 AM

Re: Lawn edging.

Originally Posted by Meg ->
That is the same principle as a sharp spade isn't it .
They make a lovely neat job and also leave a little channel which helps with drainage.
It is about the same as a spade but doesn't have a curve on it like a spade. It was that curve that made me splash out on the edging tool.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2015, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by mart ->
It is about the same as a spade but doesn't have a curve on it like a spade. It was that curve that made me splash out on the edging tool.
Mart I have an old spade that belonged to my Dad, it doesn't have much curve at all and is quite sharp maybe with years of use and sharpening .
They don't make them like that these days
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2015, 09:59 AM

I have brick edging in most of the garden where we have grass and I use long-handled shears designed for this so I can cut right up to the upright bricks - a half-moon edger's no good in my garden for lawn edging except where there's no bricks but it only takes minutes.

I don't really like strimmers so I don't have one at home but at work we have a Stihl and I need it! stevmk2
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2015, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by Myra ->
Lawn edgers are good. Leaves it very neat.
Mind you, the edge of the grass, where it's long, still needs cutting with shears or strimmer
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2015, 11:04 AM

I have a rotating head strimmer like Plantman and it gives lawn edges short shrift. Done in no time.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2015, 11:06 AM

Maybe we could have a lawn edging competition with commentary.

Stevmk2 is in the lead with the long handled shears, Rachel and mart are doing a great job with the half-moon edgers. But wait! Meg is racing ahead with the sharp straight-edged spade!! A definite contender here. Ah but if MKJ comes along with a strimmer, this could spell real trouble for the edger and spade users...

Well, something like that.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2015, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
I have a rotating head
Ah ... this explains a great deal

Stevmk2 is in the lead with the long handled shears, Rachel and mart are doing a great job with the half-moon edgers. But wait! Meg is racing ahead with the sharp straight-edged spade!! A definite contender here. Ah but if anyone changes to a strimmer, this could spell real trouble for the edger and spade users...

Hey .. that's very good
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2015, 11:12 AM

Stevmk2 is in the lead with the long handled shears, Rachel and mart are doing a great job with the half-moon edgers. But wait! Meg is racing ahead with the sharp straight-edged spade!! A definite contender here. Ah but if MKJ comes along with a strimmer, this could spell real trouble for the edger and spade users...

I would win and wouldn't have a bad back after either.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England

07-06-2015, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
Ah ... this explains a great deal

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
Hey .. that's very good
I edited MKJ in but not quick enough.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK

07-06-2015, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
I would win and wouldn't have a bad back after either.

OK you might be faster with your gadget, but would the result look as good ?

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top