Join for free
Page 4 of 25 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2014, 05:43 PM

Re: Doctors - do you trust them?

Originally Posted by AudreyII ->
I agree gumbud... and I believe I have stated that. It's the patient's responsibility to be proactive in their healthcare and convey their concerns to their MD. It's also the patient's responsibility to ask questions and to know what they are taking prescription wise and WHY. Also to let their doctor know what other medications or supplements they take so he is aware of possible interactions. That said.. I STILL stand by my statement that a layman armed with a computer and a library card.... is NOT qualified to treat him/herself or give others advise... and in fact has a fool for a patient.
Good post Audrey.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2014, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by Pats ->
But stevmk2 you have just recently entrusted your good lady wife into the hands of the medical profession and their anesthesia team and the drugs needed throughout the whole procedure and now you say you don't trust them.
Just because there is little other choice, doesn't mean he has to trust, or like it.
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2014, 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
Just because there is little other choice, doesn't mean he has to trust, or like it.
He could have consulted wwwlet'splaydoctor.com

What other choices would you recommend there be?
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2014, 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
Don't you think it's just a little hypocritical to 'rubbish' the medical profession and then use them when it suits?

And I am not specifically referring to stevmk2 when I say this, but to all of those that do it.
Baxter8
Somerset
Baxter8 is female  Baxter8 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2014, 08:32 PM

Absolutely Pats - now c'mon you lot moaning about the medical profession just put up and shut-up. Don't criticise or challenge just be passive consumers.

Good grief who on earth do we think we are, daring to use them and then show dissatisfaction - what is the world coming to. Anybody would think we were in the 21st century rather than the 1950s.

Don't you think it's just a little hypocritical to 'rubbish' the medical profession and then use them when it suits?

And I am not specifically referring to stevmk2 when I say this, but to all of those that do it.
Pats
Lincolnshire

25-06-2014, 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by Baxter8 ->
Absolutely Pats - now c'mon you lot moaning about the medical profession just put up and shut-up.
Who has advocated that?.....not me.....no body is forced to see a doctor of any kind and nobody is forced to take medicine of any kind.
Baxter8
Somerset
Baxter8 is female  Baxter8 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2014, 08:56 PM

And yet we're hypocrites if we "rubbish" them?

I've noticed you often use "confused" button - funny that.

Who has advocated that?.....not me.....no body is forced to see a doctor of any kind and nobody is forced to take medicine of any kind.
Pats
Lincolnshire

25-06-2014, 09:03 PM

And yet we're hypocrites if we "rubbish" them?
Read my most again.......I said hypocrites to rubbish something and then use it.
Baxter8
Somerset

25-06-2014, 09:11 PM

I give up !!

Your senseless one-liners add nothing - never have, never will.

Read my most again.......I said hypocrites to rubbish something and then use it.
Pats
Lincolnshire

25-06-2014, 09:23 PM

I give up !!

Your senseless one-liners add nothing - never have, never will.
As you wish.

But if you read my post properly I wouldn't need to repeat what you call my 'senseless one-liners'

Page 4 of 25 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top