Join for free
Page 21 of 40 « First < 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 > Last »
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2017, 08:37 AM

Re: Fire engulfs Grenfell tower block in west London

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
What they do with their money is up to them.

As is usual with Labour, punish the rich.
Tpin, do you mean the people who worked hard in life to gain a good income? Those who provided for their own children and gave them the incentive to do likewise? Maybe those who created businesses that provided jobs for the less well off?

I always get cross with those who criticize the wealthy and assume that the people, who do that, are jealous because they didn't have the ability to do the same.
The poor in this country would be a hell of a lot poorer, without the money that the wealthy bring into it.
If we pressure the wealthy to leave this country, I wonder where Labour will find the money to look after the poor. An equal share of nothing is ZERO.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2017, 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I can't say for them all but lily offered as soon as she heard about it and Adele was there offering help and comfort as it happened.
Not a publicity stunt then?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2017, 08:38 AM

I see Lily Allen has said she has been told the number of dead is more likely to be 150 people .
I hope that she is wrong .
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2017, 08:44 AM

So you are in favour of rich foriengers that don't want to live here taking over the capital by stealth ? Many are criminals hiding their money here too.
Another conspiracy?

You champuon multi-culturism, see good in everyone....except the rich....hmmm

The high streets of every city are owned by foreign investors.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2017, 08:47 AM

I can't say for them all but lily offered as soon as she heard about it and Adele was there offering help and comfort as it happened.
That'd cheer me up.....I've just lost everything, my whole world has collapsed....neighbours/friends killed...but Lilly Allen visited. whoop, whoop..
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2017, 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
That'd cheer me up.....I've just lost everything, my whole world has collapsed....neighbours/friends killed...but Lilly Allen visited. whoop, whoop..

Exactly!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2017, 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I see Lily Allen has said she has been told the number of dead is more likely to be 150 people .

150 ! Gosh Muddy, I didn't know it was that many.

They were saying on the news last night that the company who did that cladding have done other tower blocks the same.
Now, understandable, those residents are afraid too.

I wonder what insurance companies do, whether they will insure these tenants with that cladding?
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK

16-06-2017, 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Exactly!
They are just "Media Junkies"

Self-obsessed celebrities living in a bubble.

She probably popped in on her way to Harrod's.

I wonder if an album is due for release or a tour planned.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

This is not the time or the thread to criticise people who you think have more money than others so should be doing this or that, please show some respect.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Muddy, The numbers will be high. The fire hoses couldn't reach the upper storeys.

Page 21 of 40 « First < 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top