Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2019, 05:13 AM

Re: Jo Swinson and Piers Morgan

Originally Posted by Bread ->
You should tell that to Banchory. He thinks referendums are "just for fun"
Did I ever say they were just fo fun? No I didn’t, I just pointed out the legal standing of referendums were defined by the relevant bills. Something that you failed to and still fail to understand
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2019, 05:36 AM

Originally Posted by zuludog ->
I will forgive no-one who does not respect the sovereign voice of The British People once it has spoken, whether it is a majority of 1% or 20%

When The British People have spoken you do what they command

Either you believe in democracy or you don't

Paddy Ashdown 23/06/16

Of course, that was when, like the rest of The Establishment he thought the result of the EU Referendum would be to Remain

Since then they have done everything they can think of to reverse a clear majority decision
Farage’s view is a little different

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.b...endum-36306681

He said:

“There could be unstoppable demand for a re-run of the EU referendum if Remain wins by a narrow margin on 23 June,”

He then went on to say:

“In a 52-48 referendum this would be unfinished business by a long way.”
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2019, 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by Banchory ->
Did I ever say they were just fo fun? No I didn’t, I just pointed out the legal standing of referendums were defined by the relevant bills. Something that you failed to and still fail to understand

I understand perfectly well.

Are you ignoring the votes of over 30 million people? Is that what your doing because this referendum like the others had the same legal status?
Banchory
Kent

24-09-2019, 05:40 AM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
I understand perfectly well.

Are you ignoring the votes of over 30 million people? Is that what your doing because this referendum like the others had the same legal status?
No you didn’t, you stated that all referendums were advisory when that is patently not true

The Government and indeed Parliament did not ignore the result and they acted upon it. However because it was not made binding Parliament and the government may, in their considered opinion determine that the result is not in her best interest of the country which in a parliamentary democracy they are entitled to do

So they are not ignoring Over 30 million people, they are acting in what they believe is in the best interest of the country. If the country doesn’t agree with that then the ballot box is the way to express that opinion

However if the result of the referendum had been made binding then we most likely would have already left the EU
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2019, 08:33 AM

Oh I thought I was in a different thread. I thought we were talking about Jo Swinson and Piers Morgan
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2019, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Oh I thought I was in a different thread. I thought we were talking about Jo Swinson and Piers Morgan
Yes Floydy, l've noticed that threads change focus quite a
lot lately, especially the brexit ones?
I put it down to the remain factions need to keep harping
back to the beginning of the end of the world as they know
it, 3yrs ago! Mainly, l think, because of their refusal to accept
the leave result?

Regards Donkeyman!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2019, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Yes Floydy, l've noticed that threads change focus quite a
lot lately, especially the brexit ones?
I put it down to the remain factions need to keep harping
back to the beginning of the end of the world as they know
it, 3yrs ago! Mainly, l think, because of their refusal to accept
the leave result?

Regards Donkeyman!
It's not that, Donkeymen. It's our members' inability to stick to the topic in hand. Nothing to do with politics and Brexit at all. I t happens on nearly all the General threads all the time. Is is because of one's increasing age; forgetfulness maybe? A bit like 'over the garden fence' natter?
We have a Chit Chat thread for various nonsense and I can never understand why people suddenly go off at a tangent on here?

To keep on topic: Jo Swinson is crap, Piers Morgan is great. There you go
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2019, 10:31 AM

It's not that, Donkeymen. It's our members' inability to stick to the topic in hand. Nothing to do with politics and Brexit at all. I t happens on nearly all the General threads all the time. Is is because of one's increasing age; forgetfulness maybe? A bit like 'over the garden fence' natter?
We have a Chit Chat thread for various nonsense and I can never understand why people suddenly go off at a tangent on here?

I bow to the superior knowledge of youth Floydy?
Swinson IS crap! Morgan is OK!

Regardsb Donkeyman!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

24-09-2019, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
I bow to the superior knowledge of youth Floydy?
Swinson IS crap! Morgan is OK!

Regardsb Donkeyman!
I just say things as I see it, Donkeyman. No youthful experience, just common sense and the ability to see between the lines of reason without being distracted
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2019, 03:22 PM

Swinson is a passive aggressive gobshite who loves her own voice. Can you imagine what it would be like living with a monster like that?

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top