Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2018, 11:35 AM

Did the earth move for you?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...shire-44428360

Did anyone experience yesterday's earthquake.

I have experienced about 4 minor ones in my life, the first one when I was a child in my home island.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2018, 11:40 AM

Re: Did the earth move for you?

Didn't feel that one.

We used to get a few minor ones in my neck of the woods (The Red Rock Fault?) .. but that was back in the 80's and 90's. It could feel a little creepy when things like bathroom cabinet mirrors rattled.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2018, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...shire-44428360

Did anyone experience yesterday's earthquake.

I have experienced about 4 minor ones in my life, the first one when I was a child in my home island.
Hi

No, Guy, who lives in Taiwan, thinks it is hilarious the amount of coverage it has had.

They have had 3 over Magnitude 4 in the last 30 days.
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2018, 11:56 AM

People in my area did feel it, I think I must have been asleep!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2018, 12:01 PM

I've experienced two minor earthquakes, the strongest one was, I think, back in the 1980s when I felt the floor and furniture shake and it set an alarm off in the house which I couldn't locate until Mr Mags came home from work.
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2018, 04:15 PM

When my wayward friend was in be with the Butcher on his day off, he said "Darling, Did the Earth Move" whereupon there was an almighty crash as the bed collapsed in a heap.

He suffered a bad back and she was traumatised.

Not sure how he explained it to his wife!!!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2018, 04:29 PM

Hi

I would, never, ever find myself in that position, so to speak.

Foot loose and Fancy Free, yes.

In a relationship, absolutely not.

I find it absolutely wrong to cheat on a Partner, that is so, so, wrong.

Once I commit, I commit, that is it.

If she lost the use of both arms and both legs a day later, such is life.

You stay with them.

Just my view on life, others may disagree, but I cannot change.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2018, 04:37 PM

I never felt anything.

I did feel the earthquake we had about 10 years ago, that was scary, it only lasted seconds but the rumble was horrible and the house was literally like a jelly on a plate for a few seconds. I told my husband who was in bed at the time "I think we've just had an earthquake" he said "don't be daft, we don't have them over here" next day it was all over the news! I'm not as daft as I am cabbage looking

I would hate to live somewhere they have really big earthquakes and regular ones.
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2018, 08:36 PM

I agree, swimfeeders, it is wrong to cheat on a spouse /partner.

Such a lot of cheating going on these days by men and women.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2018, 01:31 AM

I experienced an earthquake in Kabul (Afghanistan) in the early 1970s, I was staying in a a small 3 storey mudbrick hotel when the earth started moving and "plaster" started pinging off the walls. My girlfriend and I made it down those stairs in record time to stand in the middle of the street as all the buildings swayed.

Opposite our hotel was a a multistorey modern brick/concrete earthquake proof hotel where two windows popped out and crashed to the street. When it was all over we went back into our hotel and the cleaning staff went round the hotel cleaning up all the dust as if it was a regular occurrence.

I was also in a minor earthquake in Sydney about the same time ('73ish) which cracked a wall at the back of our flat, it woke my girlfriend but I am afraid I slept peacefully through it. I think I vaguely remember the epicentre was far to the SW of Sydney but I am not sure.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top