Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2018, 01:41 PM

Re: Lion Attack

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I remember it well Twink. I think you have done an amazing job.
I agree with you Longdogs....it seems she has really done a wonderful job with her baby.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2018, 01:55 PM

How many of you animal lovers, don't eat meat, don't wear leather, or take meds tested on animals?
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2018, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
How many of you animal lovers, don't eat meat, don't wear leather, or take meds tested on animals?
That doesn't mean we don't care about animals! All we want is fair treatment for animals and killing an animal, because an idiot human was stupid enough to believe that a lion would not do what comes naturally, is not being fair!
If you are driving at the correct speed and a stupid person walks in front of your car, knowing the possible dangers, do you think the law would kill you because the person was severely injured... or even died?

It is your choice not to care for animals, but don't expect the rest of us to agree.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2018, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
That doesn't mean we don't care about animals! All we want is fair treatment for animals and killing an animal, because an idiot human was stupid enough to believe that a lion would not do what comes naturally, is not being fair!
If you are driving at the correct speed and a stupid person walks in front of your car, knowing the possible dangers, do you think the law would kill you because the person was severely injured... or even died?

It is your choice not to care for animals, but don't expect the rest of us to agree.
I cared for the many animals we owned, but treated them as the species they were, not as humans.

Some people will keep an animal alive with an incurable condition instead of having it put down and out of its misery. They are doing it for their sake, not for that of the animal, I think that is very cruel.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2018, 02:40 PM

I cared for the many animals we owned, but treated them as the species they were, not as humans.

Some people will keep an animal alive with an incurable condition instead of having it put down and out of its misery. They are doing it for their sake, not for that of the animal, I think that is very cruel.
Once again, that is just you opinion Some humans would wish to be put down if they were really ill, yet the law doesn't allow that.

Sadly this lion saw a potential source of food on his territory, or maybe he viewed humans as a danger to him. If the lion was living in a normal environment and attacked a human, people would see that as a normal reaction. Don't forget the lion didn't ask to be captured and given an enclosed area to live in.

Incidentally, my cat that you thought should have been put to sleep is absolutely thriving & his vet is astounded at how well he is. That is what people who love animals do for them!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2018, 02:48 PM

I doubt there is anyone on here that would do that. As responsible pet owners, we know when it's time to have a pet put to sleep, sad that it is.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2018, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I doubt there is anyone on here that would do that. As responsible pet owners, we know when it's time to have a pet put to sleep, sad that it is.
Absolutely, we animal/pet lovers know when the time is right. We feel it in our heart. I never let my last little girl suffer, I knew how she was suffering. I could hardly recover from the pain I felt doing it.....but it was the right thing to do.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK

05-05-2018, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Once again, that is just you opinion Some humans would wish to be put down if they were really ill, yet the law doesn't allow that.

Sadly this lion saw a potential source of food on his territory, or maybe he viewed humans as a danger to him. If the lion was living in a normal environment and attacked a human, people would see that as a normal reaction. Don't forget the lion didn't ask to be captured and given an enclosed area to live in.

Incidentally, my cat that you thought should have been put to sleep is absolutely thriving & his vet is astounded at how well he is. That is what people who love animals do for them!
The law allows you to put an animal down, thank goodness.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

05-05-2018, 03:21 PM

That has nothing to do with what we are discussing here Tara. That is a whole other topic, why don't you start a thread about that....

Twink is right in all that she is saying, and I think you know that, but you don't want to admit that you have any feelings.
The lion deserved to live. It was a cruel and inhumane thing they did to that lion. They need to be held accountable.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2018, 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->

The lion deserved to live. It was a cruel and inhumane thing they did to that lion. They need to be held accountable.
Hear Hear

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top