Join for free
Page 12 of 18 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 > Last »
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2017, 01:52 PM

Re: Possible 100,000 city jobs to go

Originally Posted by Flicker ->
Julie do you see any number of EU citizens sleeping on parks or propping up doorways? I don't.
Why? Because they are WORKING.

Why do you want to make obtaining labour so much more cumbersome and difficult when the results may be even worse but the numbers no different?
I have to disagree.....there are literally hundreds sleeping rough in our cities.

On a recent trip into Manchester we were approached by at least 4 or 5.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2017, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
I have to disagree.....there are literally hundreds sleeping rough in our cities.

Thanks tpin I haven't ventured into a city in years so wasn't sure, we have seen aggressive begging and squatters and reports of sex workers in our county town have risen a lot all Eastern Europeans from the reports.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2017, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->

Of course. They know that we are a very loving and generous people. Not like those mean, nasty Frogs.

swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2017, 01:57 PM

Julie do you see any number of EU citizens sleeping on parks or propping up doorways? I don't.
Why? Because they are WORKING.
Why do you want to make obtaining labour so much more cumbersome and difficult when the results may be even worse but the numbers no different?
Hi

You need to come here more often Flicker.

I personally do not have an issue with EU Immigration from those who come here to work and whom we need.

I cooked Christmas Day lunch, I was the only native English speaker in the house.

I am cooking lunch on Easter Sunday, again I will be the only native English speaker here, 9 Polish and two Portuguese.

None of them claim for any of their kids who do not live in the UK, far too proud for that, but many do.

The thing that riles me is this.

Our NHS relies on hundreds of thousands of immigrants.

This is a nonsense, we have plenty of our own kids wanting to be Doctors and Nurses, we should be training them ourselves.

Not charging them so much they cannot afford to do the training.

It is the same with engineering jobs, loads of youngsters here well capable of doing the job and earning good money, yet we import them.

It is a total nonsense.
Flicker
France
Flicker is female  Flicker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2017, 02:30 PM

There is absolutely no reason to assume that those young people coming up for training will choose to do the work the immigrants you have lost will do.
Today's young people really like the comfort they have been used to all their lives.
Which of them will be labelling chicken or slaughtering wanimals or cutting cav)bbages in frozen fields or wiping bottoms or sluicing down operating theatres?
Sure some will be doctors and if the govt doesn't pay them enough, ill go somewhere where they are paid well enough.

But doctors and nurses a not the low paid. There has never been anything to stop Brits from training to become one. Or indeed anything else. Instead they erre told that anyone could go to uni and be rich. They still have a choice to become anything they want to. That is nothing to do with the EU.

and to complain about sitting with people from elsewhere for Christmas is also complaining about the number of immigrants...WHICH WILL NOT CHANGE if your economy grows or even stays the same. The only way to really change things is to buy less. Slow you economy (needs) down. But Brits won't do that...they have grow to love shopping and spending money they don't have. It all takes labour to produce and there are not enough Brits to do it all. They prefer to spend money and then complain about those who make it possible.
It is like telling all your low paid servants to bugger off back home and then finding your beloved children won't clean floors and polish the silver.
Mrs. Mayhem has admitted you need the immigrants you have. That you haven't built enough hospitals and schools and homes for them is not due to the EU. It is due to your govt's lack of foresight and its exploiting of immigrants whose taxes go to pay for your nuclear subs and new airports instead o things that accommodate them. Well you won't have their tax money for long.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2017, 02:40 PM

There is absolutely no reason to assume that those young people coming up for training will choose to do the work the immigrants you have lost will do.
Today's young people really like the comfort they have been used to all their lives.
Which of them will be labelling chicken or slaughtering wanimals or cutting cav)bbages in frozen fields or wiping bottoms or sluicing down operating the
You have a warped idea of the young, one of mine wants to train it'll take £54000 to do it, that's what's putting of many of our young. NHS takes already trained from other countries draining them of talent rather than help our young train for jobs.
Flicker
France
Flicker is female  Flicker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2017, 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I was saying what has happened not what may happen in sometime in the future. As for terrorism among poorer people we make a lot of our own home grown terrorists as have other European countries.
Those who go to the UK from Europe are known to and by Europol and united security forces.Not so those from outside the EU. Checking on the EU residents is far easier than on someone from Indonesia for example who are not known for their paperwork.

If you stop free movement the EU employees will go where it is easier to find work. Others will fill in the gap.
Therefore you will be letting in the low paid from god knows where who are far less watched.

Why are you even running the risk??
Flicker
France

07-04-2017, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
You have a warped idea of the young, one of mine wants to train it'll take £54000 to do it, that's what's putting of many of our young. NHS takes already trained from other countries draining them of talent rather than help our young train for jobs.
Then change YOUR system!!

It has nothing to do with whether the EU is worth being a part of. Nothing about the EU has EVER prevented any country from training its own. YOU don't have to throw away your security and wealth for something YOU can change!!
In education and training you can make your own laws and you don't!!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2017, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

You need to come here more often Flicker.

I personally do not have an issue with EU Immigration from those who come here to work and whom we need.

I cooked Christmas Day lunch, I was the only native English speaker in the house.

I am cooking lunch on Easter Sunday, again I will be the only native English speaker here, 9 Polish and two Portuguese.

None of them claim for any of their kids who do not live in the UK, far too proud for that, but many do.

The thing that riles me is this.

Our NHS relies on hundreds of thousands of immigrants.

This is a nonsense, we have plenty of our own kids wanting to be Doctors and Nurses, we should be training them ourselves.

Not charging them so much they cannot afford to do the training.

It is the same with engineering jobs, loads of youngsters here well capable of doing the job and earning good money, yet we import them.

It is a total nonsense.
We used to do, but I suppose that paying foreigners to do those jobs works out cheaper.

And then we blow all the savings on foreign aid and EU membership fees.

In theory, the one should cancel out the other.

Will it happen?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

07-04-2017, 03:32 PM

Then change YOUR system!!

It has nothing to do with whether the EU is worth being a part of. Nothing about the EU has EVER prevented any country from training its own. YOU don't have to throw away your security and wealth for something YOU can change!!
In education and training you can make your own laws and you don't!!
You are talking to an office cleaner I don't exactly have the influence you seem to think I can moan and rail against the system but that's all.

Page 12 of 18 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top