Join for free
Page 627 of 1676 « First < 127 527 577 617 625 626 627 628 629 637 677 727 1127 1627 > Last »
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2018, 05:08 AM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

Originally Posted by Jem ->
That is brilliant RJ, is it your own work?

Here is my theory on who inhabits the human body. I think there are actually three of everyone in the one body, there’s the physical body itself, then you have the mind or brain, whatever you prefer to call it, then there is the mysterious thing that tells the brain what to think, the last thing is always in control of the other two. I never dismiss the possibility of a forth 'thing' like a demon squatting inside the odd few people.

For example, I want to think now about a toasted cheddar cheese sandwich, what made me think of that? There are those who would say that my stomach told me, I was hungry and it sent a message to the brain, but I’m not hungry, actually I’m quite full now having had a big dinner, so they would be wrong, and If the brain is supposed to cleverer than the stomach why didn’t the brain think of it first and send the message to the stomach?
Simple fact is that none of them thought of it at all until I did, me being the most important chap who pulls all the strings in this body, Mister 3 that’s me, me who tells the brain to send out the messages, makes all the big decisions and takes all the blame when things go wrong.
So there you have it in a nutshell, you tell the brain what to do, it does not tell you, it’s only a mass of grey matter after all.
But the big question still remains, who tells you?
No smart answers like ‘the wife’ please.
you are familiar with the works of Freud and the human mind and also Transactional Analysis by E. Berne in which he outlines the functions of the child; parent and adult in the one person??

they must have been in your psyche or even the liffey?

we can recognize berne's model right here on this thread:

with for example Pug portraying the child function - sometimes the tempestuous child ; or rebellious child?

then perhaps let me see let me see - solo - demonstrating the serious adult - wishing to remind us that there is always a serious side to life?

and the finally the parent in the form of dear Jem - who needs to keep control and stop the fighting between rebellious childs or attacking parents??

E.Berne - Games people play - the basic handbook of transactional analysis 2011 - essential reading for my course in brain surgery!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2018, 06:54 AM

One big happy family, till we dig into Brain Perjury.
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2018, 07:08 AM

yes,gumbum,'transactional analysis'...except...the neurons in the grey matter give off fields of energy as they activate-and that electrical field can,and in certain cases does,interfere with or even on occasion,adversely affect,the efficiency and cogitational responses of adherent synaptic nerves powering the hippocampus-which in turn negates the efficiency of the brain's ability to balance 'emotions' such as depression,memory,reason,plus several limbic reactions to what would be termed 'emotive auto-actions'. [movement without thought or plan]
Ergo,such happenings as have been described previously are actually manifestations of internalised limbic 'cross-patching',which can cause such adverse and 'out of character' incidents. But I'LL be ok-because Pooh Bear & I...well,we're both of 'very little brain'. And as Pooh Bear said [and I quote] "Mmmmm...these bacon sandwiches taste YUMMY,don't they piglet"

"Piglet?"

"Ohhh,SH1T!"
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2018, 07:28 AM

let the Scribblers be glad to be Skating away on the thin ice of a new day, even if we are Rabbits on the run.

This ain't team talk btw, it's rhetorical.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

01-05-2018, 07:31 AM

Never been to Uni Pug, I guess that's where you would observe a HippyCampus?
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2018, 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
spittie says in three words what pugsie takes 33 words to say !! spittie the master of brevity - pugsie the master of many synapsing ones?/
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2018, 08:37 AM

The thing with skating on thin ice is everyone wants to be there when the ice breaks

But why in the name of Torville and Dean would you want to be skating on thin ice

Terra firma for me. The more firma the less terra .
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2018, 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Yep in jars.
Good Morning.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2018, 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
That is brilliant RJ, is it your own work?

YES, Jem. I omitted to add my customary COPYRIGHT SIGN.

BTW, that poem started out as a dream.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

01-05-2018, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
YES, Jem. I omitted to add my customary COPYRIGHT SIGN.

BTW, that poem started out as a dream.
wet one? just curious!

Page 627 of 1676 « First < 127 527 577 617 625 626 627 628 629 637 677 727 1127 1627 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top