Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2016, 07:11 PM

Mice, Glue Traps

I have seen 2/3 'Glue Traps' with poor little mice stuck to them, this is so cruel because once the mouse , or possibly another small creature steps on this sticky card it cannot get off so dies a slow lingering death.Yesterday I saw one with a very small mouse struggling to get off ,I had a tissue which I put over it and gave a few pulls,not knowing if Id succeed or not nd the mouse ran free in the grass on a peice of wasteland. I know these little creatures can cause a lot of damage but they dont deserve to die such a cruel deathe
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2016, 07:14 PM

Re: Mice, Glue Traps

Neither does the English language.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2016, 07:15 PM

I won't use any traps other than those I make myself.
These use water and death is by drowning.
I hate doing it but must, cannot stand the thought of them dying on a trap in pain.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2016, 07:19 PM

I'm surprised that they are on sale. I know sticky bands for fruit tree trunks were taken off sale as small birds were getting stuck to them.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2016, 07:21 PM

They sound horrible ... I can imagine a little mouse getting so desperate it'd chew off it's own limbs to escape.
Baxter8
Somerset
Baxter8 is female  Baxter8 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2016, 07:22 PM

Really nasty cruel things. At least the old fashioned ones invariably killed them, these ones are disgusting. We had mice and used the humane traps, I hated having to set them free as they'd just leap out, but always unscathed.

Originally Posted by deylon ->
I have seen 2/3 'Glue Traps' with poor little mice stuck to them, this is so cruel because once the mouse , or possibly another small creature steps on this sticky card it cannot get off so dies a slow lingering death.Yesterday I saw one with a very small mouse struggling to get off ,I had a tissue which I put over it and gave a few pulls,not knowing if Id succeed or not nd the mouse ran free in the grass on a peice of wasteland. I know these little creatures can cause a lot of damage but they dont deserve to die such a cruel deathe
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2016, 07:50 PM

Deylon, I couldn't read all of your opening post.

I thought they didn't use traps now? Horrible things.

I always thought they put some sort of food down for them now.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2016, 08:00 PM

Have tried virtually all the available traps (Not the glue traps as they are definately cruel) Don't like poison and the 'humane' ones don't work.

The cheap traps don't work either or are liable to trap the mouse by one leg and he tows it around trying to get loose.

The best method and one I would recommend to anyone who needs to get rid of mice is the 'Big Cheese' this is a substantial trap with a strong spring, when it comes down death is instantanious, every single one I have caught has been well and truly dead and like I said death is instant, I would say micro seconds at most.

Here's the link.
http://www.stvpestcontrol.com/step4a...1/default.html

Excellant product, not cheap but does the job without cruelty, recommended and before you ask I have no financial or other connection with the company.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2016, 08:19 PM

Container of water.
Stick threaded through a drinks can.
Suspend over the water.
Piece of wood for a ramp.
Smother can with peanut butter.

Mouse runs up the ramp.
Stretches front legs so paws touch can.
Can spins.
Mouse falls in water
Dead within a minute.

No long drawn out death impaled on a trap.
graculus
Yorkshire
graculus is male  graculus has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2016, 08:54 PM

Which sadist dreamt that up then? Hope their house gets infested by cockroaches, or worse.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top