Join for free
Page 15 of 17 « First < 5 13 14 15 16 17 >
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2017, 01:42 PM

Re: Who would be your Jonah?

Christianity has been swept away from our dna - ON PURPOSE. It has been attempted in the past but this time is has more or less succeeded. Without it we are no longer held together so strongly as we once were. This is a world wide assault. These are tactics by Globalists to pave the way for a one world order. All that stands in their way is being eradicated - including the Middle East. There are only a few bastions left who can help turn the tide - including the likes of Putin, who is an Orthodox Christian. There is far more going on in this world than most people are aware of - so much more. We have derided Christianity to our cost. We are now effectively disarmed and easy prey.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2017, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Job as a UN PeaceKeeper for you Twink.
I don't think so Morty. I just wont tolerate anybody telling me how I should think or behave, if I am not breaking any rules, so when they do I will offer a valid argument.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2017, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I don't think anybody did respect those who believe but we have every right to disrespect what they believe. Many on here disrespect what some Muslims believe in, but I don't see people telling us that we should have more respect.....and they are both religions.
The reason people can't disrespect what Atheists believe is because we don't believe in anything!
We each make our own choice but we can't force others to see it our way.
Twink, the emotion shown on here towards Muslims is different to the emotion shown to ordinary, nice people who have a faith.
Hatred is shown in posts on here to Muslims. The nice, ordinary believers get laughed at, ridiculed and insulted.
I think that is the difference!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2017, 01:49 PM

I don't think so Morty. I just wont tolerate anybody telling me how I should think or behave, if I am not breaking any rules, so when they do I will offer a valid argument.
Equally, l won't take ridicule and insults for believing and having a faith!
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2017, 01:52 PM

Is this how the Charlie Hebdo shooting started?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2017, 02:01 PM

I don't think anybody did respect those who believe but we have every right to disrespect what they believe. Many on here disrespect what some Muslims believe in, but I don't see people telling us that we should have more respect.....and they are both religions.
The reason people can't disrespect what Atheists believe is because we don't believe in anything!
We each make our own choice but we can't force others to see it our way.
Hi

My ex was an atheist, but she certainly believed in credit cards.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2017, 02:04 PM

But, surely a belief in nothing is, necessarily, a belief
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2017, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Is this how the Charlie Hebdo shooting started?
Makes you think doesn't it.

Let's consider this from a different perspective. If we had deemed Islam to be a dangerous ideology (let's call it this) from the beginning - one that was potentially at odds with our own - we wouldn't be in this situation now. A lack of identity - which we now suffer from - owing to mass immigration mainly but also because of the constant undermining of our intellectual development by being spoon fed all sorts of unhealthy propaganda - we are no longer capable of defending ourselves. Nothing of any strength remains. Because of this we fight amongst ourselves whilst our enemies roll on their backs laughing. It is pitiful.

Let's say then we were highly defensive with regard to Christianity and were less tolerant. Would this be a bad thing? The Islamists don't seem to think so with regard to their own. They are a galvanised force to be reckoned with. We are like scampering children before them.

I'm just wondering if we have done the right thing in being so tolerant of a lot of things. Tolerance seems to me to be equated with being weak if taken too far. Maybe we have taken it way too far.

But then again would Christianity save us from Globalism? This isn't so easily answered. Against the people who are at the top of the pile (the real Elite) - yes it would, but you would be destroyed before you ever got near them using either a race, or religious slant, to your argument.

A lack of unity is a definite weakness. 'Divide and conquer', is a true maxim that has as much relevance today as at any other day in the past; and let's face it we are one divided nation.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2017, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Twink, the emotion shown on here towards Muslims is different to the emotion shown to ordinary, nice people who have a faith.
Hatred is shown in posts on here to Muslims. The nice, ordinary believers get laughed at, ridiculed and insulted.
I think that is the difference!
Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Equally, l won't take ridicule and insults for believing and having a faith!
Art, Some Muslims believe they are nice people who have a faith so that makes them no different to a Christian. What Muslims do is what they believe is right and many applaud when a woman is stoned to death for committing adultery. I think that is evil and would never show respect for it... but those are my beliefs, not theirs.

In some ways I feel the same about the Catholic religion because if they believe in God they can confess their sins to him in prayers, but why should they have to confess them to a priest? I also wonder how many have confessed their sins to a priest who was sexually abusing children. Ask yourself why he may have been doing that, could it be because his religions rules prevented him from having sexual relations with a woman.

I could write pages on why I disagree with all religion, but I also believe that everybody has a right to choose what they believe. I would never mock somebody because of their beliefs, but I would also never show respect to beliefs that I believe are just a means of controlling the people. I respect the people but I will not accept them telling me to respect their beliefs!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England

08-06-2017, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
But, surely a belief in nothing is, necessarily, a belief
That is fine Rachel I am prepared to discuss, with anybody, why I am an atheist and they are at liberty to oppose my belief, but I would never tell them how disgusting they were for disrespecting what I believed. I accept that people can make up their own minds>

Page 15 of 17 « First < 5 13 14 15 16 17 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top