Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2017, 03:09 PM

Your First Argument.

Hi

Forget the Boyfriend/Girlfriend thing, talking about after you got married or started to live together with a long term partner.

Your first serious argument.

Mine was about something stupid, Gravy.

MIL was a fussy eater, my house my rules.

MIL likes runny gravy, I do mine thicker.

She caused a scene, refused to eat her meal.

That was just the last straw, she was so interfering.

Wow, what a row that turned out to be.

How about yours?

My best man had his first serious row about the colour of his socks.

Is the small things or the big things?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2017, 03:28 PM

Re: Your First Argument.

We'd been married about two years my husband had been hiding we hadn't paid the mortgage fully for about three months, it was not just our first but our only real row. After it was over we made rules, no name calling, no raised voices and no walking away from each other.

And no hiding things.

That taught us all we needed to know about neither of us wanting to lose sight of why we were together and that neither of us can cope with shouting.

Since that we have had the occasional bicker but always always end on a laugh never ever let anything look too serious to carry on.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2017, 03:44 PM

We'd been married about 2 hours.............can't remember what it was about but we did giggle about 3 sentences in......lasted about 30 seconds(the arguement)
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2017, 03:45 PM

I can't remember the first row .. they all tend to blur after the first decade of war wounds.

I remember one of the worst that nearly did us in, before we shacked up.
He pretended to put a wood louse down the neck of my jumper. Now I hate woodlice and I thought he had so smacked him around the head once or twice and stalked out in a strop and began walking home in the snow ... 6 miles.
He followed me and kept pulling up in his car, kerb crawling and getting loads of verbal abuse.

Of course, now, we sit down quietly and say .. Dear, I'll put the kettle on and we can discuss like mature adults what it is that I'm doing that pees you off... and if we successfully resolve this we can go into the bedroom and bounce the bed. If not, it's a hunger strike.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2017, 03:45 PM

There's no such thing as separate arguments in a marriage, they are all a continuation of the first one. Women are particularly adept at this. Men. Remember what you said on September 28th 1989 at 11:36 PM? Of course you don't. Women do though and will fling it back in your face.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2017, 03:47 PM

Jealousy
Always

I never did anything to fuel it
In fact I changed the way I behaved and dressed in order to avoid the arguments
But he never, ever trusted me

It took me a long time to realise his insecurity was his problem alone and he needed to sort it
Not something I should have pandered to for all those years
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2017, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Remember what you said on September 28th 1989 at 11:36 PM?
As a matter of fact I do ..
Mr M said to me Zsa Zsa Gabor has just been convicted of slapping a police officer in Beverly Hills.
And I said .. no, dear, that'll be in tomorrow's headline but your powers of observation are improving.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2017, 03:50 PM

It wasn't all bad BTW!
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2017, 03:53 PM

No arguments with us - I am always right.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2017, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
There's no such thing as separate arguments in a marriage, they are all a continuation of the first one. Women are particularly adept at this. Men. Remember what you said on September 28th 1989 at 11:36 PM? Of course you don't. Women do though and will fling it back in your face.

Quite right too Judsy!

We keep telling you how superior we are.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top