Join for free
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2013, 01:17 PM

The Death Penalty

Having read this story earlier, I thought I'd post it here and see what you think

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/killer-donk...2.html#iVzVuK7

The quote from a police spokesman said: "If these were dogs then they would also be put to sleep.

"We can’t allow animals to go around killing people. Putting them to sleep is the best thing for everyone." has sparked discussion on that site that if that's how the feeling is, why, when there is no question about the guilt of a human killer is that human killer not treated the same way.

Any thoughts?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2013, 01:24 PM

Re: The Death Penalty

I have always been very much opposed to the death penalty for any animal or any human but we seem to have come to a point where prison isn't working any more and people are becoming more savage so something has to be done.

Still cannot bring myself to agree with the death penalty but I can now understand why some people do.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2013, 01:29 PM

Same here Julie - I've never been a supporter of it but, as you have said, prison isn't working and killings are becoming very savage and almost, for some deviants, nothing more than a past-time to fill empty hours.

I do feel sorry for the donkeys though - most animals don't set out with the intent to kill unless it's territorial so it does make you wonder why they attacked the man with such ferocity. When humans do it, I stopped wondering a long time ago.
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2013, 02:08 PM

I've never had a problem with the death penalty. My problem is with a legal system which is so imperfect that, on occasions, innocent people are convicted of crimes which they haven't committed. If we had some kind of "evidence tariff" ranging all the way from 100% guilty with lots of first hand evidence against the defendant (as in the case of the two jihadists yesterday) to purely circumstantial evidence it would remove my concerns about the death penalty. In such a case, only those about whose guilt there is absolutely no doubt whatever would be subject to the death penalty. Others would face whatever sentences are currently available.
ukmartian
Ipswich uk
ukmartian is male  ukmartian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2013, 02:12 PM

premeditated murder + terrorism = mandatory death sentence

Brutal yes ....but not as brutal as the actions of the 2 ???? who run over and then hacked that poor soldier to death yesterday then boasted on camera...
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2013, 02:16 PM

Good post Mick - makes sense. We've often discussed the issue because of the inconsistencies of the law, it puts a spanner in the works for the death penalty. So, a scale such as you have mentioned is a good solution. We done want this scum on our planet, neither do we want to pay for their upkeep in prison. Death penalty - YES .
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2013, 02:22 PM

I would support the reinstatement of the death penalty for some types of murder. I have replied to ben-varrey's other thread on the barbaric murder of the soldier and Cameron's speech about it saying we should all stand together. I don't see that there is any other answer and maybe we should all stand together by demanding the reinstatement of the death penalty for certain crimes of murder. Where there is absolute certainty of guilt the people who commit such horrendous crimes I believe, should forfeit their own lives.

As for animals, when an animal becomes aggressive and dangerous it is prevented from harming people by killing it. Rightly or wrongly we also dispose of animals simply when we are fed up with them or they have become useless. Animals have no voice in the matter.
Michael
Near London,UK
Michael is male  Michael has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2013, 03:35 PM

Charge them.

Bring back the death penalty for anyone who is found guilty of killing the people who help to protect us.

Transfer them to the barracks at Woolwich and you will have no end of volunteers to be part of a firing squad.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2013, 03:40 PM

Sounds good ta me !!
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2013, 03:41 PM

I agree with the death penalty for the worst cases of murder. Let the relatives of the victim decide.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top