Join for free
Page 4 of 11 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2018, 12:00 PM

Re: Removing shoes

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
Why is that a problem?
It isn't.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2018, 02:05 PM

You will not be allowed in my house with your shoes no not that I want to encourage visitors anyway
Shoes are left in the porch .

I live on a lane which is 'unadopted' and frequented by farm vehicles and the odd sheep. I do not want mess on my carpets. Even Chloe has her paws wiped when she has been out at the front.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2018, 03:17 PM

I always take my shoes off when visiting someone.

People who visit us, I don't normally ask them to remove their shoes, but if they are friends or family, they do any way.

I do ask Builders who has got muddy boots on to take their boots of.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2018, 05:00 PM

With my animals, it would be a bit daft having flooring that couldn't be walked on and washed easily.
All my porch, hallway, and kitchen is vinyl so it's only a two minute job to mop it over.

I wouldn't want mud on my living room carpet though.

I would hope that anyone with really muddy footwear would naturally have the common sense to take it off at someone's house.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2018, 05:09 PM

I always hope people will take their shoes off at our door, but I would never ask them.
I always do on entering anyones home, and think it is rather ignorant and not polite to do so.

Mind you.
I never have to buy any shoes.
Here in Colwyn Bay there is a Mosque.
Of course before they all enter they have to take their shoes off.
I just nip in and help myself!
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2018, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by Boozercruiser ->
I always hope people will take their shoes off at our door, but I would never ask them.
I always do on entering anyones home, and think it is rather ignorant and not polite to do so.

Mind you.
I never have to buy any shoes.
Here in Colwyn Bay there is a Mosque.
Of course before they all enter they have to take their shoes off.
I just nip in and help myself!
Not remotely amusing!
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2018, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
Not remotely amusing!
As expected from you T.
As expected.

Actually in the Hotel we go to for entertainment here in llandudno, on one night of there is a a very funny comedian called Bobby Gold.
He tells that joke (and yes, it is meant to be a joke) he has the audience in fits of laughter.

Obviously.
You would not be one of them!
melfort
borders
melfort is female  melfort has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2018, 05:19 PM

People come to see me and not the carpet. I would never dream of asking someone to remove their shoes. I'd also never dream of having a cream carpet.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2018, 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by melfort ->
People come to see me and not the carpet. I would never dream of asking someone to remove their shoes. I'd also never dream of having a cream carpet.
So many people seem to have cream coloured carpets these days. When we bought our present property in 2012 all the carpets were cream, we have replaced them with dark brown ones.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2018, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by melfort ->

I agree. Me neither.
I don't want an impressive 'show home', I need something we can all live comfortably in without constantly being afraid of marking it.

Page 4 of 11 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top